Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowfall above 2500ft predicted for Scottish mountains this week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Two independent weather forecasting organisations are predicting a switch to very cold conditions in Scotland and northern England later this week:

The Weather Outlook 14-day forecast

Report by DailyRecord.co.uk

Quote:
Independent forecasters The Weather Outlook added: "Weather patterns are similar to September 20, 1919, which brought an amazing cold snap with snow on low ground.
"Before the 1919 cold, there were several days of warm weather as high pressure pushed across Britain, which is what looks like happening from Monday.

And the Met Office forecast for the East Scottish Highlands for Friday:

Quote:
Friday
Showers continuing, especially towards the North of the area where they will be heavy at times and turning increasingly to snow across the higher summits. Fewer showers and more sunshine over Southern Highlands. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds across the tops.

Source: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/easthighland/easthighland_forecast_pressure.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So David E, what was it like to live through such a cold weather snap? (i.e. September 20th 1919)

PS Height is now normally measured/quoted in metres and the UK has this new fangled sterling currency thing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Metre Man, tell that to TheWeatherOutlook.com. I'm just the link monkey
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David E Goldsmith wrote:
I'm just the link monkey

what a perfect description Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Solutions4Metres, how come you're called Solutions4Feet?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well it's not unknown to see statements like 'at 914m it will be +2c and the Freezing Level will be 4000ft' in Meto Forecasts. While official sources like the SAIS and MWIS are obliged to quote heights in metres, in reality the vast majority (of all ages) refer to mountain heights here in feet and this is likely to remain so given the traditional named categories of mountains by altitude bands in feet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David E Goldsmith wrote:
Metre Man, tell that to TheWeatherOutlook.com. I'm just the link monkey

That's you that is ....
http://www.barenaked-music.ch/ski-chimp.jpg

PS It's 762 m.
(1 meter = 3.2808399 feet)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Metre Man and Solutions4Metres, picking up Winterhighland's theme ...

... http://www.themunrosociety.com

Quote:
Founded in 2002 membership is open to mountaineers who have climbed all the Munro summits in Scotland as listed in Munro's Tables - currently there are 283 mountains of Munro status with a height of 3000ft or more above sea level.

Other pockets of resistance to metrication are available.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy