Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche transceiver taster and practice Hemel 16th Oct

Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar, nice coverage in the media, should be a good day Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see lots of snowheads wandering around aimlessly staring at electronic devices, sounds like mobile phones at the ski show rather than an avi practice session Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret,
Quote:

I see lots of snowheads wandering around aimlessly staring at electronic devices

Thats a bit like me at the moment, new HTC phone Puzzled I am sure there is an app for snowheads somewhere
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
is the SH who offered to deploy his Airbag on the avi day still up for it, you know who you are? all88m!

If you are, maybe just maybe we could get two of us doing it togeher on the slope! I will see if I can get one as well wink wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski, Unfortunately no. Can't do this Saturday any more (:<).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all, just an update to say we have 8 currently booked for this and we should have plenty of opportunity for more to join us and get hands on experience with various transceivers....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
allanm,

No worries Allam, we have a Snowpulse prorider with a couple of spare cylinders which we will have fun with
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bump - is this open to casuals or do you have to be a member of Scott & Rob's club to stop by?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, if you're just passing through feel free to come and play Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
looks like we will have a full range of transceivers to play with and also the BCA importers will be activating a snowpulse airbag as well,
extra brownie points for saying which TV program the BCA guy was on recently Very Happy wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What time will play start (with the transceivers, that is, I think we have access to the slope 3-8, don't we?)?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle, just discussing this with Rob and will advise... Slope access from 3-8

fatbob, we will doing some (could be all depending on the weather) of the transceiver practice on snow so if you want to play you will need a slope pass to join in the festivities snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
James from Anatom the transceiver distributor will be there around 5:30 so...

3-4 free skiing
4-6 open coaching from rob and i, video on the hill if you fancy it...etc
6-8 transceiver practice
8 onwards drinks

all the transceiver work can be on slope as tim has done some testing and the range inside the metal box of the building seems okay. should be fun !!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, Will be adding two more shortly
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cool we need the dudes !!
snow conditions
OK I'm out - was thinking of having a ski in the am and might have stuck around for an outdoor sesh.
latest report
fatbob, that's a shame. Don't you fancy skiing 3-6? That's what I shall do.
ski holidays
fatbob,why ski in the am when its busy and then have to hang around, this session has always been scheduled to start at 3 Puzzled

why dont you just come along and have a play with the different transceivers and chat to james when he pitches up? not sure what a one hour pass would cost but shouldn't be too much and doing it on snow would be more realistic we thought... plus might get to see the latest avi backpacks in action. !!
snow conditions
I am bringing all the transceivers and will be there early (before 3) so if anyone wants to play with transceivers outside just shout Shocked wink
ski holidays
livetoski, to the rescue, even better!!
latest report
skimottaret, [quote]

Quote:

livetoski, to the rescue

I better bring the Brandy and a large dog as well wink wink
snow conditions
up to 11 for this now (plus fatbob if he isnt too shagged from telemarking)
ski holidays
I have a nice collection of Transceivers now and fingers crossed should have a new Ortovox 3+ by the end of the day, all being well should have a at least one transceiver for everyone Shocked thats of course if fatbob does not make it wink wink
snow conditions
Its ok if I were to make it I've 2 of my own.
snow report
fatbob, yeah but are they shiny brand new for this season models wink
snow report
skimottaret, Equipment update

phew, I got a car full managed to get 7 full sets of gear, thats transceiver shovel and probe all nicely packed in there own back packs, plus have a further 6 transceivers mixed bag of models

Plus have a snowpulse airbag with 3 spare cylinders so that could be fun, I think we should volunteer skimottaret, to set it off while skiing, and I might just sneak in with a few pairs of fat skis wink wink
latest report
livetoski, well done!!! i might even bring along my new mantras if i am going to look stupid indoors might as well go the whole hog and put on some fat skis!!
snow report
I'll bring my camera Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, my vote goes for slowmo video with the focus on the face, O and skimottaret, I should have said super fat wink
snow report
livetoski wrote:
skimottaret I might just sneak in with a few pairs of fat skis wink wink

Sluffs in 184cm rolling eyes
ski holidays
o11y, arrrrr if I had know this morning yes, Flyswatters, Super Turbo and Source Sad
latest report
o11y, if you want to try some Sluffs 184 on another day let me know and I can sort it out
snow report
Many thanks to livetoski for assembling a selection of the current avalanche transceivers for us to play with last night (and for detonating a Snowpulse bag in the bar afterwards - that caused a bit of a stir, just wish I'd got my camera out for that one!). Some photos from the evening (with more here):

ski holidays
It was great - many thanks to all. I now know not to get a transceiver which I could only read by first removing my contact lenses at the scene of the avalanche. Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

I see lots of snowheads wandering around aimlessly staring at electronic devices,

well you got that right Scott, especially when Rob hide one transceiver behind a solid steel building upright, the signal took us all in 360 degrees back to where we started wink wink
ski holidays
livetoski, big big thanks for bringing along all the gear, although most if not all people hadnt used a transceiver before all seemed to really get into it and learned a bit..

I to admit the multiple burial was interesting with one transceiver giving all kinda weird readings being next to a metal column and the other people in the group goign into search or transmit fairly randomly Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

(and for detonating a Snowpulse bag in the bar afterwards - that caused a bit of a stir, just wish I'd got my camera out for that one!

I thought you were joking about that, after you told me yesterday i still cant believe you guys pulled the rip cord in the bar Laughing Laughing and no video Madeye-Smiley that would have been brilliant on youtube
snow conditions
skimottaret, still have a couple of spare cylinders so maybe next time I am down there wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy