Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To Ski or Not To Ski...

Poster: A snowHead
When asked what I would like for my birthday (Easter weekend) I suggested another week away on the slopes Very Happy [it would only be the second this year Sad ] . The reply that came back was that the money would be better spent on a new... washing machine. Shocked

This - from someone that:
a) isn't (obviousley) as hooked with skiing yet as I am snowHead
b) doesn't know where the damn machine is - and if he did - wouldn't know how to start it

So come on you lot - please put together some words of wisdom that I can use to bribe and/or persude him to change his mind Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is this someone suggesting a washing machine as your birthday present? How romantic!
They do say that the old, shaky ones are best Blush
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Either

a. Dump him and get a more snow aware model ?

or

b. Point out that it is your birthday and that he can have the washing machine for his instead ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michelle, ask for an iron instead? (To wax your skis with, obviously)?

Or just tell him you're organising a girls' skiing trip with your friends, since he doesn't want to ski with you. To Andorra, and it's going to be wild. Repeatedly drop hints about it being the Ibiza on snow, and how most people just go there for apres-ski one-night-stands and the like.

Sure he'll want to take you to a nice "quiet" resort himself in no time...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey Michelle, we'll work on him Friday!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Michelle, men - what are they like?! Presents I've had over the years include a food blender/chopper/slicer thingy (like, I do a lot of baking ...), duvet cover, landline telephone, iron, personal organiser.....the list is endless.

I made sure of a good one this year though - it's a 'significant' birthday for me & we've been living together for 10 years ..... masopa's not the only one buying diamond rings, but mine's an eternity Very Happy - have to wait till my birthday in Banff to actually get it on my sticky finger though Very Happy

My method was not to be subtle - it doesn't work....I said - this is what I want, & poor guy had no choice Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tell him that the only white goods you're interested in are the ones you strap to your feet Exclamation
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cathy you must know my wife, she used the same not so subtle approach, chose a ring, produced MY wallet from her bag and handed over MY plastic. Thereafter I had no choice but to sign for it. Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whether the washing machine is actually meant to be as a present, or just something ‘more important’ I doubt I’ll ever know!
I do like DGO’s suggestion that I get it for Gray’s birthday, though. The only problem with that is that hopefully we’ll be in Florida at the time… Cool getting married! Very Happy
Now, if he’s having a wedding as his present…
I think, homphomp, we’ll just have to take Cathy’s’ suggestion tomorrow evening:
Quote:
My method was not to be subtle - it doesn't work....I said - this is what I want, & poor guy had no choice
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
He'll be outnumbered 4 to 1 by ski fanatics....no chance!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ken Lingwood, I like it! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And we are going to Morzine for Easter!!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sarah L, homphomp, Mad
you can really go off people, you know!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, take the washing machine skiing. I seem to remember from "A Grand Day Out" that domestic appliances show pretty good form.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can't believe it! I've 'let go' a few girlfriends because of warped prioritys like that.
ski holidays
Give him plennnnnnnnnnnnty of this and not to much of this and he'll take you anywhere............I'm a bloke..... I know theses things! Twisted Evil
latest report
I need a new washing machine, send it to me so I can wash my gear to go on my ski trip. Already booked and paid for, so can't afford the washing machine!
ski holidays
Boardski, Okay, I think we have emoticon winner!
snow report
Just tell him your skiing and thats that
latest report
Can't add the smilie!!!!
latest report
By all means settle for the washing machine. Then go get the powder.
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing David
snow report
How about suggesting that a new washing machine might have a better smoother action which would make it er... less.... er useful as an... err appliance..... say no more nudge nudge wink wink rolling eyes
ski holidays
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Thank you all so very much for your high quality advice Very Happy

Especially homphomp & Sarah L who's skills at perseverance, bribery, corruption and pure: “here – have another bottle of wine” worked a treat! (How are your hangovers Ladies?!!)

So....

YES

We are now looking for a good deal for the 3rd / 4th April - hopefully back to Soldeu!!!

WAHOO!!!

snowHead too snowHead Very Happy Razz Cool Blue
snow conditions
Oh - and thank you too, Ladies for your kind offer of the use of your washing machines when ours packs up.... Wink
ski holidays
Concratulations and well done snowHead
ski holidays
Thanks, D G Orf Very Happy .
I've also persuded Mr B to take me to Snow & Rock tomorrow in Portsmouth to get a pair of boots... this was all arranged after several bottles of wine Wink
I can't go on my fourth trip in hire boots, now can I? Shocked
snow conditions
I do love a story with a happy ending! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well done Michelle, - I knew a bit of female persuasion would work.... Cool
ski holidays
Well done Michelle! Men are like hotair balloons...you have to light a roaring fire under their bums when you want something done!

I got given a wheel barrow for my birthday one year! Mind you I got a new windsurfer the year before last and new skis last year so he is not so bad!
snow conditions
Michelle, well done: I'm sure Mr B has enjoyed all the extra attention (maybe that was his plan all along.... men a lot more clever that many ladies allow). And stick with him; he's way more romantic than me: gave my (ex)wife a CD-writer for Xmas (as I said in the card: maybe not what she always wanted, but definitely what she needed!).
snow conditions
YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES

A bit earlier than planned - but just found a really good deal to Soldeu for this Sunday! Booked and paid for!
So - just how many snowHeads will be arriving there this Sunday (21st)??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES snowHead YES
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy