Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another which ski question ( please help)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Im looking for a pair of twin tips and recently stumbled across two nice looking and nicely priced pairs: http://www.sandownactivesports.com/shop.php/skis/atomic-deviant-2010-twin-tip-ski-and-binding/p_712.html

And

http://www.sandownactivesports.com/shop.php/skis/atomic-twins-ski-and-binding/p_715.html

Im around 125lbs and 5ft11ish, im thinking the 164 may be slightly to small, i will be skiing a bit of park and a bit off tooling around everywhere, ( will be using in scotland and england)

Please help!

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant-locator.shtml
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What? I'm just wondering what size i should buy as my friend thinks the 163 will be fine however I have looked at other things which suggest otherwise, seeming as though there are a lot of experienced skiers on these forums i thought they may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Evidently not.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I guess he computed your BMI and concluded you need to bulk up a bit !!!

If you are 5ft 11 the 164 is too short in a twin for sure ...... but at 125lbs it might be OK !!!

I'd go longer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I was looking at some other skis that were 178 and 179, I think im going to go for a 171ish.

cheers
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm presuming you don't want the ones you asked about?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd definately shoot up a size! At least to a mid 170's size (though difficult to say without seeing you ski etc) as it will provide better stability landing off kickers and on rails in resort, it'll give you a bit better versatility on the hill aswell. I see a lot of beginner park skiiers (excuse my assumption if I'm wrong) think that they need shorter skis for some reason to help them spin whereas really its almost the other way round, there's no point spinning 3's if every time you land the skis dont provide some support on landing!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm ok, I could also get some others cheap but in a 179ish size, i think might be to big though. Im aiming for around a 175 i think....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doing some looking around ive found a couple of pairs that may be suitable: http://www.snowfit.co.uk/product/Ski-Hardware/Skis/All-Mountain//-5613

And just a small thought, as I am very light is there a possibilty of me using a womans ski? I know very little about womans skis apart from there lighter and maybe have a softer flex? http://www.sport-conrad.com/index.asp?disp=artikel&art_nr=70005237

Might have to paint the topsheet to get rid of the sparkly bits Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Englishpowder, you've been after my Rossi 174cm's for ages now, can you tell me if you want them or not.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, im looking for something a bit more more park oriented ( hopefully symetrical) My main problem is im just a fanny and can never make my mind up, Hope you sell them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
right ok, just a shame you couldn't respond to the PM.

have you ever skiied on skymetrical skis? I found them horrible everywhere apart from the park.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nah but im sure il enjoy myself, ive just made an offer on a pair of line invaders on ebay ( 2007) so we will see what happens, Sorry for wasting your time and your patience!

cheers
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy