Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Champery - Port Due Soleil

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Was looking at doing a season in Champery..

any ideas on best chances to get work, accommodation
also info on off piste and advanced to extreme skiing would be great
also whats the best bet with night life? staying in champery - or going to morzine - accessible/easy to get back?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why Champery ?. based on your wants, would have thought Verbier or Chamonix would have been a better choice
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd agree. Not exactly known for its night-life and extreme skiing, Champery.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
williams223,

Have you done any research?

Champery to Morzine at night is about a £300 taxi ride around lake Geneva.

PDS has some great off piste, and has some very extreme descents if you really know what you're doing. I.e. you're an experienced ski mountaineer.

Champery is not known for night life...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Has a pretty good park.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i've got a job as an instructor, so gonna take it. so wondered what its like skiing across the whole region and what was accessible during a day. not really bothered about night life tbh as long as there are a few good people i can get on with, might have a couple of friends over in morzine/les gets, so might try and stay over there occasionally. thanks for any advice x
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

what its like skiing across the whole region and what was accessible during a day

Loads!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's not too easy to get over to Les Gets and the main Morzine slopes, it's a bit of a long journey over from Champery, but not impossible.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
williams223, we sometimes ski over to Champery from Les Gets - to be honest though we often take the car to Ardent and go on from there. But our younger members of the family ski from here and back in time for lunch so quite do-able.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i've just done a season in Whistler, if has experience there and could tell me how the off piste compares & powder etc.
also with regard to accommodation in port due soleil what are the best links or people to speak too? x
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
williams223, 'portes du soleil' will be more helpful if you need to search wink

There are lots of PDS experts here who will be able to help with info on accommodation though I'm not sure about Champery in particular.
summer, who contributed to the snow reports from that area, was based there I think last season, so it might be worth sending her a PM snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks lou, thats very cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
williams223, can't help too much with accommodation in champery I'm afraid but it's a lovely little town so I'm sure you'll be able to find something fairly easily. There is absolutely tonnes of great off piste there, you can still get fresh lines in the champoussin area a couple of days after a snowfall. Most people head straight over avoriaz way instead. Am sure the guys you are instructing with will show you around. With regards to powder - well, here's hoping, fingers crossed we'll have a great year but who knows!

Skiing from Champery to Morzine is fairly straight forward but you'll need to stay over and ski back the next morning, taxi back isn't an option unless you're loaded.

hope that helps, enjoy your season
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
williams223, Oh, OK, fair enough, you'll have a blast. You can get to the whole PDS and back in a day. Morzine/Les Gets just means a tolerably early start. You'll probably spend more time in Chatel/Linga than schlepping your way all across. There's also an excellent black run in Torgon.

PDS rather different terrain to Whistler, not better, not worse, just different. Whistler probably gets more powder up top.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
under a new name, PDS = crustier?
snow conditions
williams223, umm, what exactlz do zou mean_ sorrz kezboard just reverted to french
ski holidays
williams223, sorry, to be easier to read, what do you mean by "crustier"?
ski holidays
I think he means wind-exposed?
snow report
Timmaah, than whistler?

why?
ski holidays
Timmaah wrote:
I think he means wind-exposed?

yep x
snow report
williams223, not necessarily. Recall PDS is immense, straddling many valleys. And it's continental rather than coastal...no not any crustier.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy