Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyJet to sell ski mag on board!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Another super soaraway press release passes my enormous desk. I can't quite believe the contents but anyway, here it is:

The Good Ski Guide today announces the biggest sales order in the history of ski magazines – easyJet has contracted to buy an average of 30,000 copies of each Good Ski Guide edition this coming autumn/winter.

The £500,000 deal makes the market-leading Good Ski Guide biggest-seller as well as the biggest distributor of ski magazines in the UK and Europe.

The massive sale was thought up by easyJet themselves – they need to recoup from in-flight sales millions of £s lost by the ash cloud chaos in spring -  and the Good Ski Guide for passengers is just one of many sales initiatives starting from October 1.

The deal is a major success for Good Ski Guide publishers, who beat off competition from scores of competitors, including all of Europe’s national newspapers and magazines.

John Hill, Editor and Publisher of Good Ski Guide, said: “We are delighted with this order because the airline will be selling FOUR TIMES the number of copies of ski mags sold on the newsstands. One of the reasons easyJet chose us and no other ski magazine, is our history of delivering good, honest reliable news and features on skiing.

“The recession has lost all of our competitors a huge amount of newsstand sales (down as much as 30%) and are giving away copies at poorly-attended ski shows in an effort to get rid of their products. 

“Our magazine is so good that skiers actually buy it.  We never give anything away, which is why we have been market-leader for 35 years.”

Michelle, please deliver mine to seat 13A.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller, With EJ's track record for in-flight sales they will either be sold out or only available on Liverpool based aircraft Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, That's the funny thing, it'll mostly be seen by grannies on Luton-Malaga. And quite a modest piece of PR don't you think? Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bode Swiller wrote:

She's on the same plane as me in November. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent business plan from Easyjet !!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

She's on the same plane as me in November. Very Happy

I saw her desperate plea to swap the rota Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I found a copy of the good ski guide on a seat in LHR departure lounge once - it wasn't worth the price I paid for it. Who buys magazines on planes anyway? Surely browsing & buying mags is a time killing activity in the terminal?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mikey's just putting one on each of his planes and charging 3 squids for a read, we'll see who does better. Erin go Brágh, Saoirse go Deo Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think that GSG is probably the worst of the readily available UK snow mags.

And given the standard of things like DMS&S, that takes some doing.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy