Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADH - Résidence Maeva Horizons d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at booking a couple of rooms at Résidence Maeva Horizons d'Huez in January. 629 Euros for a '6 berth' cabin - we'll probably put 4 in each).
Has anyone stayed here or have any other self catering recommendations in ADH?

We've never been to ADH - but it's located in L'Eclose area. Is this OK for getting to and from slopes/shops? It looks to be further down the mountain.

Also, any recommendations on transfers from Grenoble airport?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Josef K, If 629Euros is just for the rental that sounds expensive, assuming your are not including New Year.

L'Eclose is a fairly quiet area and is linked to the main lifts by chairlifts and a shuttlebus. It is a 5 minute walk to the sports centre and a couple of minutes longer to the main town. L'Eclose has a few shops of it's own including breadshop, 2 small supermarkets (although I think only 1 is going to survive eventually), a couple of small restaurants / pizzeria and 2 or 3 ski hire places.
The main drawback, I would say, of the Horizon appartments is that they are on the lower level of Eclose which means you have a 100m walk to a pedestrian lift. ride up the lift, then a further 100m to the shops / chairlifts. Not disastrous but not hyper convenient either.

I would say, apart from car hire, Bens bus is probably the best unless you can strike a good deal for some 8 seater people carrier or something, it is only about 75 mins drive if conditions are good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Josef K, I'd agree with skitow - that's expensive if it's low season especially as the location doesn't sound brilliant. What's the size (square metres) of the apartment. If the advertisement doesn't specify, I'd sent them an email and ask.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks skitow and Pam. 629 Euros is just for accommodation for the week (22nd to 29th Jan) - it works out as 160 Euros each. There's also smaller apartments for 433 Euros and 489 Euros.
Do you have any suggestions for better value/location?

I reckon Bens Bus is the way forward with transfers - cheers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skitow - I checked your link but I see they're booked out for the week we're there!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Josef K, Er..... thats because those are 2009/10 bookings. Have not updated for this season yet. If you are interested in renting privately I have a few contact names of other owners if you want them, let me know.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Josef K, I don't know ADH but a little googling came up with this, at 400 euros. It's small but as it has 2 bedrooms it should be OK for 4. There are loads of others on that site too, and some might be better located at around the same price. http://www.homelidays.com/alpe-d-huez/appartement284252fr1.htm
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skitow, Please do - PM me the links/details if possible. We're after 'comfortable' accommodation for 7 or 8 so two 4s would be fine. The Horizons place for 160 Euros had 2 rooms with 2 beds and a living room space - which is ideal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy