Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski and Snowboard show Olympia

Poster: A snowHead
I've done it for the last couple of years, now sitting here wondering wether it's worth bothering to go this year, based on last year's effort no is favoured at the moment, but I'm starting to get a bad case of FOMO (fear of missing out).
It doesn't cost me anything to actually get there, just the entry price and getting the MIL to pick mini me up from school so i won't be losing much if it's cack.
What do you think, Bother or not bother.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ricfrench I've never been so had no concept of FOMO until you mentioned it.

Surely it is down to what you want to get out of it?

A fix of looking at the latest kit
Buying a piece of kit (at a "special show price")
Chatting to someone about a resort you are thinking of going to
Watching/taking part in the entertainment of pros doing tricks on artificial snow
Paying ridiculous amounts of money for poor sandwiches and warm beer

If the answer to any of the above (or any reason of your own making) then you should go (if that is what the show provides). If not then the answer is no.

Just going because you always go doesn't seem to be a good use of time or money.

But then I've never been.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd be interested seeing the new kit but that's about it. Waste of money if that is the only part of it I'm interested in.

Ditto for the FreezeFestival.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ricfrench, Having got free tickets to the London show for the last two years I thought I might venture up North to the Birmingham show for a change this year. Presumably we will be offered free tickets to that as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, The great difference about the Birmingham Show compared to the London one is that:

a) Spyderjon and CEM will probably be sharing a stand and expounding their technical expertise during the free talks there (can one or both of you confirm that you will be attending? Smile )

b) Snowheads may have a stand there (admin can you confirm this? Smile )

c) There will probably be more Snowheads around at the Birmingham show. (whether you consider this a plus or minus is of course entirely up to you! Toofy Grin )

d) For those of us in the Midlands or Oop North it's closer. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Olmypia ski show is cr*p unless you've never been before, are looking to book a holiday or want to buy a bean bag.

Unless it's had an overhaul recently.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, CEM said he's doing lectures and stuff but has no free tickets snowHead
There was talk of all the snowHead businesses sharing one big stand but no one could find admin to get it sorted in time Very Happy wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are usually free tickets available for the London show. I don't think they're out yet. I'll post if I see them. Like last year (and the yr before)

DrE snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go to Birmingham, and then play a game of spotting snowHead 's, and then avoiding them.....it has worked for me for the past couple of years. Have spoken to many, but they are none the wiser
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
is there a real possibility to get snowboards cheaper there? I am looking for a 2011 slayblade, is it worth going?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gainz wrote:
is there a real possibility to get snowboards cheaper there? I am looking for a 2011 slayblade, is it worth going?

Don't believe a word I say, but I seriously doubt it.......if you were after a 1993 Nidecker, then there will probably be someone knocking them out at anything up to 10% off 2010 rrp.....

(this is based on previous personal experience)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Voice of Reason, You will need to do that at the Olympia Show this is year as well - lol
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It can be quite good for a bit of kit pr0n - may well go if i can pocket some cheapy tickets from somewhere - need a new lid and want to try before you buy, carefully noting make, model and size, then fire up google when I get home. And missus has a notion about possibly investigating buying property somewhere, so may look at that.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Those in London could gather for a meet and drink session!!! Not sure when's the last time there was a London meet! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
michaelminhatkinson, That should definitely be done!!
ski holidays
I'm sure I'll be there at some point - would defo be up for a beer.
snow conditions
sarep, Phil Keith, michaelminhatkinson, The snowHead Laydeez are talking about the same idea
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65296&start=1560#1585081
ski holidays
Ok, I'll set something up in events (if I can get permission) it's in Apres for now http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66545

michaelminhatkinson, last one was quite possibly last year!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy