Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2010/11 British Telemark Ski Team Announced

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
British Telemark Ski Team Selected for the 2010/11 Season

Six elite athletes chosen to represent Great Britain on the world stage at one of the toughest, physically demanding winter sports.

The British Telemark Ski Team today announced the six world-class athletes who will be competing at the 2010/11 Telemark World Cup. Selection took place in Hintertux, Austria during the last weekend of August. With a large turn-out the participants were put through their paces navigating their way down the steep, icy terrain on the glacier. Vice Team Captain Chris Wotton said, “Despite the difficult conditions and problems with timing equipment, all the trialists performed well over the four days” With minus 5˚C on the glacier and high winds, participants fought hard against the elements as they battled it out for a place on the national team.

The 2010/11 British Telemark World Cup Team consists of the following six athletes:

Andrew Clarke – Plymouth, Devon

Chris Stewart – Clitheroe, Lancashire

Chris Wotton – Totnes, Devon

Huan Davies – Stanmore, Greater London

Jack Harvard Taylor – Virginia Water, Surrey

Sarah Hannibal – Ischgl, Austria

The team will be taking part in a series of promotional events around the UK. They will be promoting the sport whilst working with lead sponsor Mercedes - Benz UK before the competitive season kicks-off in January with the first World Cup event held in Germany. With an impressive last season the team hopes to build on that, with athletes achieving consistent top 25 results. Other confirmed FIS (Federation Internationale de Ski) World Cup venues are Switzerland, Norway and Spain. “With telemark skiing on the up this is an exciting time for the British Team as we look to introduce the sport into the Winter Olympics in the future,” said recently appointed FIS Telemark Chairman and British Team Captain, Andrew Clarke.

If you'd like more information about the team please contact, jackharvardtaylor@gbtelemark.co.uk
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been looking forward for years for Telemark to be included in the Winter Olympics. It's great news that Andrew has been appointed FIS Telemark Chairman, but it will probably still take some years of lobbying before the original way of downhill skiing Cool makes it into the Olympics.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi British Telemarkers,
Just to wish you best of luck for the season- I was in Rauris, Austria and saw the Army teams in action and met several of the lads in the village later,a few years on the trot and have the utmost admiration for exponents of Telemark.
Yodel-eh-hee-hoo,
briand6868
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
briand6868 wrote:
Hi British Telemarkers,
Just to wish you best of luck for the season- I was in Rauris, Austria and saw the Army teams in action and met several of the lads in the village later,a few years on the trot and have the utmost admiration for exponents of Telemark.
Yodel-eh-hee-hoo,
briand6868
Good to hear it - I started that Champs 3 years ago and it has grown arms and legs. We also host civilians at the Champs which also doubles up as the British Champs. Long live the free heel!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy