Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Catered chalet ideas for Tignes for w/c 28th November

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any suggestions for a (shared-just the 2 of us going for that week) catered chalet that opens as early as 28th November in Tignes -i found a few advertised through Tignes.co.uk (Adrian from there has been very helpful but advised it still very early for a lot of chalets to respond) but the ones advertised as open so far are either full,not opening now as early as advertised or still to reply to my enquiry.

That is the only week that we can get out there now before easter next year so i've already got flight and car hire booked -just need a nice cheap place to stay now for that week -or are we better off just waiting for the official site to come up with some apartment plus lift pass deals as its early season.

Also-does anyone have any advice on what dates you need to carry snow chains from (i've noticed on some rental car sites that they only offer them from 1st December) and if the car rental place doesnt offer them how easy is it to pick some snow chains up on way upto resort?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic_Mick, fairly sure http://www.mountainsunltd.com/ will be open then.

That is twice I've suggested them this evening, I should be on commission Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mountainsun?

I don't think I'd drive up to Tignes without chains on the 28 November - though if you hire on the Swiss side of Geneva and get a car with snow tyres (do they do them that early?) you'd probably be fine.

Yes, you could buy them on the way.

Ed: (cross-posted with ray zorro - they're probably your best bet. And if they pick you up you won't even have to worry about the chains).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow-thanks for the prompt replies-Mountainsun are fully booked for that week-that was my first option as i've stayed with them a few times before -the flights and car hire are already booked now anyway and its Lyon we flying into and hiring the car from.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try contacting the Alpaka - alpaka.com - to see if they can help you.

Mark warner may have the Aiguille de Percee or the Hauts de Toviere open.

Chambery or Albertville for chains?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy