Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resorts with free or reduced rate passes for beginners slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for somewhere in either Austria or Italy that will give me a largish area to ski & my partner, pretty well a beginner, some good beginner slopes that are either free or that can be accessed with a limited area pass. As she will only be able to ski a small selection of slopes at this stage she is understandably unwilling to pay the full lift pass cost ( possibly 200 or more euro ) if it can be avoided. I know some resorts do offer limited passes, but not which - anyone any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nickH, Les Deux Alpes has several free lifts and also a reduced price pass covering part of the resort only. It's not in Austria or Italy though Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Colin B I'm leaning toward austria & italy for the moment as I particularly enjoy them myself & because I'm hoping to encourage my partners interest by finding, if possible somewhere with the full scenic/atmospheric ski bit
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nickH, the best route to your partner's heart might be investing in some top quality ski instruction. Should be possible to find that along with some lovely scenery.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, seven (very small) free drags, and I wouldn't recommend the Ski Sympa pass for a beginner.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B, There are Übungslifts in all beginner areas in Austria and while not "free", they can be used at low cost using a points card instead of an area pass. It is best to take the advice of the ski school as to which type of pass the beginners should buy. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saalbach.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks pam w, though she has already had a week of instruction, she is very cautious , due in part to age & in part to an old knee injury. Good instruction is intended, but as cost is an issue for her if I can save her something on the lift pass I'm sure that would lncrease the holidays attraction, however scenic the resort !

Samerberg Sue, very helpful info thanks, will now have to look into some of the austrian resorts more closely. Though I've been to a number on my own, I've never looked into the reduced rate option before.

clarky999, yup saalbach/hinterglemm is well up the list - been there 3 times over the last 10 years & enjoyed it every time, though never viewed it through a beginners eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nickH, Pretty much all of Kohlmais is ideal beginner territory. I forget the extent of the free/discounted lifts, but at least the Thurm lift is free.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy