Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hotel offering self-catering and restaurant required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for recommendations for ski hotels that offer self-catering and also have a restaurant. I have seen some hotels with a restaurant that have a mixture of standard hotel rooms and 'apartments' - this is the kind of thing I'm looking for recommendations on. Not fussy about the resort. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My parents apartment is in Bansko, Bulgaria, and all the rooms are apartments with kitchenettes, but it is also a proper hotel with restaurant, bar, swimming pools, saunas etc. I thought it was a really good best of both worlds. Theres is in White Fir Valley, and I think White Fir Resort was the same.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Oxalys in Val Thorens comes to mind but the restaurant may be a bit overbudget. Toofy Grin
http://www.montagnettes.com/hiver-en/l-oxalys
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pauly333, The Labrador Hotel in Les Gets, PDS, has a very good restaurant and also a Residence with apartments. Friends of ours stayed there a couple of years ago for Christmas and ate in, ate out, and ate at the hotel and it all seemed to work for them - and they were a three generation family.
http://www.labrador-hotel.com/uk/index.php#index.php
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pauly333, you could try the Best Western Chalet 51 in Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier .
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That's quite a wide open spec Wink

From personal experience I can recommend two quite different places.
One is where we do the End of Season Bash:
l'Oxalys in Val Thorens, France. It's all apartments of varying size with its own Bar and restaurant.
The apartments are absolutely top notch, very spacious and well equipped and the restaurant is, erm... well it has 2 Michelin stars and it's Chef is famous across France.
Not exactly a 'budget' option but hard to beat on quality.

My other suggestion is where we do our Birthday Bash:
Hotel Portavescovo in Arabba, Italy. They have a few apartments just opposite the Hotel. The hotel itself has a restaurant which serves good food with typical Italian generosity of portion.
You can include half board in the Hotel's restaurant relatively cheaply or simply eat there as and when, ala carte.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pauly333, Hotel Bernerhof and Bernerhof apartments in Wengen. Apart from the restaurant of the adjacent Hotel Bernerhof, the apartment block also has a Pizzeria on the ground floor.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pauly333, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Do you have to have a restaurant right on the premises? You'd get heaps more choice if you settled for a self catering apartment in a town with a good choice and range of restaurants. Many resorts also have excellent places to buy good ready made, freshly prepared, meals you can eat back in your own place. In France they're called "traiteurs" but I expect they exist in other countries too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Pauly333, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Do you have to have a restaurant right on the premises? You'd get heaps more choice if you settled for a self catering apartment in a town with a good choice and range of restaurants. Many resorts also have excellent places to buy good ready made, freshly prepared, meals you can eat back in your own place. In France they're called "traiteurs" but I expect they exist in other countries too.

Beat me too it - go self-catering and then find some nice places to eat out on some nights of the week - best of both worlds..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Need to be in the same hotel really, cos of children. Anyway, thanks for all the really useful advice. Some great options there.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pauly333, Another option is Hotel Les Glieres in Champagny, La Plagne. They have a couple of self catering studios available in the building adjoining the hotel. You can book it as a self-catering holiday and just buy your meals from the hotel when you feel like eating out. See www.hotel-glieres.com for more information.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pauly333 wrote:
Need to be in the same hotel really, cos of children. Anyway, thanks for all the really useful advice. Some great options there.

We had one child when we last stayed at my parents place, but this time we now have 2 one of which will be skiing for the first time, so we have gone for a catered chalet with Ski Esprit who are geared up with lots of apartments or adjoining rooms in there brochure. One I was tempted to book is in St Anton - Chalet Alber, Apartments 11 and 12 I think have a small kitchen as they supply breakfast to the door for those apartments for you to prepare yourself. Though we have booked Courcheval with them.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

You'd get heaps more choice if you settled for a self catering apartment in a town with a good choice and range of restaurants. Many resorts also have excellent places to buy good ready made, freshly prepared, meals you can eat back in your own place. In France they're called "traiteurs" but I expect they exist in other countries too.

What pam w, said

Quote:

Need to be in the same hotel really, cos of children.

Not sure I follow that Puzzled unless the plan was to leave them in room!! We stay in self catering apartments and eat out when/where we feel like it with our 3 kids and have done since they were 3-months old. As a very general rule of thumb - where there are self-catering apartments there will be places to eat close by who will all be equipped for and used to children eating with parents
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy