Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
More sad web cam trivia spotting Toofy Grin . I notice they have put some 'voomy things' (might trade mark that name) on Arpette and one of them shows this? What are they building? Did someone get the dimensions for some new rails, very, very wrong?

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=258&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps it's just fixed 'starting gates' for the boarder-x course, but it' looks a little over-built for just that...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another geek webcam spot, this time up in Arc 2000. Far right (bored so put an arrow for you guys Toofy Grin) is this the magic carpet snowcrazy mentioned?

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller,
Quote:

What are they building?

looks like new snow park lift stuff, Or could it be a tunnel Puzzled Or a half pipe wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
livetoski, Half pipe is a great shout Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, Dunno - is that where the flag poles are?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11533

Looks like parts of the new poma chair lift
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi all. Someone recommended that I post on here regarding the Cariboo nursery in 1950. Has anyone used it? We are thinking of using it for Easter 2011 for our 2 year old. Any experiences would be great. Cheers peter
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
prthomas, Not used them personally but we use the Ski School (Spirit 1950) which is linked to them. Always get excellent service and often see the nannies around the Village with the kids. Its the only crèche in the 1950 so I don't think you have an option but I wouldn't worry. Also 1950 is easy to get to from all parts of Les Arcs so if you are out skiing and you get a call and need to get back to the Village then its not that far a ski/lift ride from most parts of Les Arcs.

1950 is also high enough that for Easter you should be ok snow wise. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great updates, thanks for posting the pics thefatcontroller, I think that is the moving floor going up to the flame thing in Arc 2000, or at least they have started building it.

Jamesc, agree that is the site of the new T bar (Yuk) for the snow park but it does not look like they have moved on that much since last time I saw it. I hope they get it finished before the real snow comes.

I changed the name at the top to include everything we chat about. Hope that makes it more clear for anyone looking to post questions.

Is anyone else going to be out for the flim festival during the first week of the season (12 - 15th Dec) and planning to see any films?

prthomas, Pleased to see you posted here now. And look already one response. Maybe someone in 1950 that has used the club can give you some feedback as well. Sorry not really my thing, but have heard ok stuff about it from friends that have small kids.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
prthomas, likewise to other posts, not used the cariboo myself (or indeed offspring, due to their being older now wink ) but I am an owner in 1950, and therefore spend a considerable amount of time there. General impressions are good - there is a lot of space for the kids indoors, they have out-door facilites too and seem to spend a lot of time playing in the snow. Do you remember the 'redcoats' at Butlins who used to run around pretending to be pirates, with kids chasing them? - a lot of that sort of stuff seems to go on!

To my knowledge nothing untoward has been reported on the owners' website: and we are a whingy lot, so I would expect anything less than exemplary service would at the very least have had a comment or two by now...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Geek watch of the day Toofy Grin . Good view into Arc 2000 and the work that is going on. Noticable is the prep work taking place just above the free lift down to 1950 where the new bulding is going in next Summer. How did they get planning permission Shocked Sad Evil or Very Mad . The photo also give a real idea as to how the new 2nd phase of 'La Cime Des Arc's come out a lot and cuts of the entrance into the plateau at the top of 2000. Hence the need for the magic carpet (assuming it is being built?). The top photo is a still and the bottom is live, so if it goes dark..................Toofy Grin

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks good without the snow!

I feel almost guilty to admit we're not going back to Peisey next year, as we had a fantastic time when there in February. However, Esprit's addition of Courchevel 1850 with ski-in / ski-out (as an aside, shouldn't that be ski-out / ski-in? Smile) has caused our defection. Although manageable, all the steps in Peisey were a bit of a pain. Coaxing Younger Little Snowplough back out after lunch was sometimes a challenge!

Could be back for 2012, economic and meterological conditions permitting. By then, reluctant afternoon skiers will be old enough to be simply abandoned. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, Flippin 'eck! That's some amount of work going on. Whats the concrete tower (?) between your place and the crane for?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Boredsurfing, I thinks that the cement machine. I knew from the plans when we bought that phase 2 would come out a lot hence we bought on the Lanchette lift side but still shocked as to how much it sticks out and cuts access into the plateau of.
latest report
Has a block of apartments been demolished, been a few years sinnce I was in 2000, but something looks missing?
snow report
Ghost Dog, Missing Shocked Laughing . On the far right hand side at the front those 2 are new and behind them (out of view), the car park is now apartments and a bowling alley and in the very front middle of the picture they are building more apartments next Summer. Missing, not, to much building yes. Crying or Very sad
snow report
thefatcontroller, How do we get to the Lanchette lift now?
latest report
Boredsurfing, Good question and no idea Confused Polling Shocked Laughing
latest report
thefatcontroller, At least you will be OK, but I guess you could end up being ski from but not ski to Confused
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, Or abseil. View from the balcony in the boys bedroom in our place. Madeye-Smiley

snow report
thefatcontroller, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
What's the nighlift like at 2000? Is there as much going on as at the lower resorts and i've heard it can be a bit pricey for drink! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Lools like a great apartment!!!
snow conditions
LloydShort, In the middle of Winter think 'Ice Station Zebra' and you have an idea of what 2000 is like. I've got kids so no idea about nightlife I'm afraid but do drop out for an odd pint and Shocked Shocked no idea how anyone can afford to go on the p*ss. I think 1600 and definitley 1800 are better for nightlife, though if you want snowsure skiing, with great access to the glacier then 2000 is better wink Laughing
ski holidays
We've already booked a chalet at 2000 for new year, will look to stock up on cheap beer on the drive up and make the most of being able to hit the slopes nice and early Little Angel
ski holidays
thefatcontroller wrote:
LloydShort, In the middle of Winter think 'Ice Station Zebra' and you have an idea of what 2000 is like. I've got kids so no idea about nightlife I'm afraid but do drop out for an odd pint and Shocked Shocked no idea how anyone can afford to go on the p*ss. I think 1600 and definitley 1800 are better for nightlife, though if you want snowsure skiing, with great access to the glacier then 2000 is better wink Laughing

Hmm OTOH during my season one of the esprit guys moved from Peisey to Arc2000 for the better night life, but hey I guess peisey is a bit quiet.. still he left his chickee behind so perhaps that was the real reason... Laughing
ski holidays
bertie bassett, Sorry you are right for workers. Bog all else to do and nowhere to go and a lot live in 2000 for the Winter so lots of parties. I was answering from a visitor perspective. We were in Arc 2000 near end of season last year and we heard stories of all night parties amongst workers in guest areas keeping everyone awake all night.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett,
Quote:

during my season one of the esprit guys moved from Peisey to Arc2000 for the better night life

I think my little one might disagree there, he was in Peisey all season, last season in Peisey seemed pretty wild, the Flying Squirrel was a mad night out especially on "Tops off Mondays" it took me back to how it was in the very early 80's in 1800, or if you have seen Hot Dog the Movie, just think wet tee shirt night.

I hear that the Squirrel has been sold to two girls from Paris who are going to make it into a wine bar Shocked So it could be all quiet in Peisey this season Sad
latest report
livetoski, Wine bar....Peisey Shocked Interesting. Willing to bet there will a wine bar in Peisey for sale next Summer Laughing Laughing

As there is no snow (yet), shall we have a guess what they are building comp. In front of the crane and to the left of the new building they appear to have due most of that up ?

http://www.trinum.com/ibox/les-arcs/images/arcabulle/les-arcs_arcabulle8.jpg
snow report
webcam is a bit hazy today, lets hope its and outdoor skateboard park wink so the kids can get their steeze on
ski holidays
Do any of you peeps know of any good ESF instuctors in arc 2000 or i guess any of the other arc's.

I am planning to book a private instructor for me and two others for some lessons.

I know most of you will probably say not to get an instructor from ESF but thats all we can afford unfourtunately Confused

Any help is much appreciated Very Happy
snow conditions
Tomo54, send a PM to snowcrazy who knows quite a few of the ESF guys and will be able to recommend a good one.
latest report
thefatcontroller, tend to agree there I know they have only sold the business bit, not the walls or the 2 flats above, I have nothing against wine bars, its a shame I did like the squirrel, not that I went there that much wink wink

On another note, can anyone suggest a good place to crash for a couple of nights before the season starts, maybe mid to end Nov, the Arcs or Bourg? I need to go and see something wink
latest report
livetoski, Yes, Try here... http://www.chaletarc.co.uk/ say Allan sent you....
snow conditions
allanm, LOL I know that place!! one of B's friends stayed there last season Thanks Allan
latest report
livetoski wrote:
I hear that the Squirrel has been sold to two girls from Paris who are going to make it into a wine bar Shocked So it could be all quiet in Peisey this season Sad

I can confirm that rumour - I'd been asked to keep it under my hat for a bit but now that it's been outed then yep that's the story - I guess la vache or the blanc will be the place to go nowadays..
snow report
bertie bassett,
Quote:

but now that it's been outed

I didnt think it was a secret wink wink I like the irony tho
ski holidays
livetoski, what dates are you needing to stay, send me an email. How is the other stuff going.
latest report
they are doing some work at the top of transarc today!!
Looks like a new hut. Any speculation on what it could be? loo?

... yes it is quite at work today Wink

Tux
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy