Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi JW, thanks for the extra info. Hope to see you end of August if I am around. Not sure right now. To far away for me, but hope so. SmallW will enjoy the course I am sure and very wise with the bikes.

For those interested in seeing what you can do in Les Arcs in the summer, I have added a 'Les Arcs Summer' page to my facebook section. Will update what is going on in Les Arcs during the summer as I get time. This should work better so as not to mix up stuff with the winter group page. Take a look at the pics as I get time to add them. It is public access.

Summer page link: http://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just looked at the web cams, nice July snow, are we still 2010/2011 or is this the first snow of 2012?
the link is live so check it out quick before its melts Puzzled

http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les-arcs-peisey/interface.php?pk_interface=259&m=images&r=panoramique#depart
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
livetoski, How can it be the first snow of 2012, when it is still summer 2011. We had more than this last August for those that can remember. The kids were building Snowmen at the top of the Transarc. If I can find the old pics I will post one.

Short update for this weekend to follow shortly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sunday 24 July. Another quick update. There is a great big hole in the ground where they are building Edenarc above Chantel Arc 1850. It is really annoying as it means you either have to dodge the earth moving lorries to bike down to the Transarc from top of the Cachette chair, go through what is now a marsh area pushed between the fence of the construction site and the golf course after all the rain or go to the road below and bike/walk through the shops. Take care!

But at least the Transarc was free today. They were holding the French Enduro VTT Champs in Arc 1800 this weekend. They have built a special route for it from the Mid station of the Transarc back to Arc 1800 which should be fun to ride once the comp is finished.

The snow at the top of the Transarc was just a sprinkle, but at the top of the Varet was quite fun. To cold to stay there very long.

Must be enough to ski on at the top of the Aiguille Rouge if they would let you do so. Not a chance!!

There is also a hole in the ground where they are laying foundations beside the bottom of the Cachette Chair in Arc 1600, but the lift is running normally despite the building work without any problems to walkers or bikers. The North Shore area is all open now and they have left up most of the jumps from the races a few weeks ago.

The new bike track in Arc 2000 bowl down the skiers left side of the central ridge is not finished yet, but will be soon by the look of it, IF the weather improves. The 'Intro VTT route 13' which they built last year was quote, 'very cool!!' But he was only ten so what do you expect. We were covered in mud by the bottom and very wet. But it was ok. Despite the snow, not very cold at the top either.

The snow line was near the bottom of the Acabulle in the Arc 2000 bowl and moving higher as the day progressed. On the 1800 side it was above the mid station of the Transarc.

A few other smaller apartment building projects going on around the Stations and they seem to be putting in more snow canons and improving the Vache end of Peisey area. Think it might be for the kids snowfun area they have planned.

Not much else to post. I have been told it has been raining in the area quite a lot over the last few weeks, The tracks were very slippy for the bikes today, OUCH!!

Have fun, let me know if you are coming out and fancy going biking etc or meeting for a beer as I hope to be around on the weekends.

Pics from today when I get time will be posted on my Les Arcs Summer facebook page if you want to have a look.

http://www.facebook.com/LesArcsSummer
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy