Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Holmenkollen Ski Jump

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's a story that was missed at the time but is still worth a mention.
The brand new ski jump at Oslo's historic Holmenkollen site was officially opened on 16th March this year by Norway's top female ski jumper Anette Sagen. The new ski jump replaces the previous one which was demolished...

(I saw the old ski jump a few years ago and thought it impressive, but it didn't meet the latest FIS requirements). Pictures of the old jump can be seen here, but the new one looks even better. The 2011 FIS Nordic World Championships will be held at Holmenkollen Feb24th to 6th March.

I see that although Ms Sagen "only" jumped 106.5 metres on the Holmenkollen she has jumped 174.5 metres on a different hill. Shocked That lady has (metaphorically speaking) balls. Madeye-Smiley

opening
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's remarkable how many times Holmenkollen has been rebuilt. It's one of the great shrines of skiing, with a superb museum of skiing. I really enjoyed visiting the place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David E Goldsmith, I have to agree with you. Shocked Toofy Grin

I would recommend any snowhead visiting Oslo to visit it (it's just a short tram ride from the city centre up to the Holmenkollen hill that overlooks the city and its harbour). The museum as you say is superb, covering the history of skiing from the oldest known references up to the present day. The role of Fridtjof Nansen in promoting awareness of skiing worldwide after his epic explorations on skis was particularly impressive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink, The skiing fraternity in Norway are not happy witht he design however. I think it looks good myself, but the design has a SMALL drawback!! The judges position makes it difficult for them to see the landing apparently! That is architects for you! I see it most days where architects build beautiful hotels but not functional kitchens.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There is a Holmenkollen ski jump game link here
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After a few practices, longest jump so far for me is 133.5m, and 532 points from the 2 jumps. Try to time your take off so that the wind direction is uphill by the time you reach the jump off point, and the timing of pressing the space bar at the jump point is important. After take off try to keep your body in the lean forward position. Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy