Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Resorts FOR drag lifts..

Poster: A snowHead
Slightly strange question but possibility of taking the sister in law and her family skiing at xmas, SiL however isn't a big fan of chair lifts having fallen off one when she was much younger on a summer school trips to the alps (yeah I know she needs to get over it but...)

So what resorts (and where to base within that resort) might be good with a propensity to drag/bubble lifts. Other than that some stuff to do off the mountain would be good as well as a range of wee wee-easy greens/nervous bluers for her (Zermatt glacier in nice weather would be perfect!) and a range of other stuff for me and the BiL and nieces..

Ones that spring to mind are

Nendaz - not been but always gets talked about
AdH - there's a few drags around the bunny slopes+ IIRc the run down from the 1st stage of the DMZ is a doddle..
Valmorel - likewise not been but strikes me as some nice easy runs and some drag lifts
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably too far to go for you, but New Zealand is nearly all drag lifts at the smaller ski areas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We all know the answer to that, La Rosiere Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, Glencoe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Verbier: Always hear that there are a lot of drag lists;
Les Sybelles (St. Sorlin d' Arves): A lot of painfull drag lifts, which are not suitable for beginners;
Alpe d'Huez: would fit, as most lifts are bubbles and skiing for all levels is very good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nendaz, Siviez, Veysonnaz or Thyon in the 4-vallees. Not only do thay have drags but they have t-bars too... Enjoy!

Not too many drags left in Verbier anymore...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could try Portillio in Chile and the famous Roca Jack & Condor Drags lifts

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As there is a ban on building new lifts here in Austria many resorts upgrade by replacing drag lifts. Kaprun, Austria has a few T-bars at the top that can be reached by Gondolas. Nassfeld has 18 drag lifts, 5 Gondolas and only 5 chairs

http://www.bergfex.com/nassfeld-hermagor/

Some small resorts don't have the funds to upgrade and so have many drag lifts. Another solution might be to visit an area with many resorts of different sizes close to one another so there is something for everyone.

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Eyeopener, struggling to think of any drag lifts in Verbier
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't know if it has changed but St Luc in Val d'Anniviers has an access funicular and then mainly tows , very pleasant sunny skiing much of it gentle though some more interesting stuff as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemel is 100% drag lifts. I've been meaning to have a chat with them about that Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
At the top of Zugspitze it is all drag lifts, and some charming Tyrolean villages around the area Lermoos, Erwald, Berwang etc etc. obviously a car is preffered although there are ski buses to jolly you around. there are 4 or 5 different ski areas although they are not extensive each has it's own charm and is well worth a visit.

http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Austria/Lermoos.html
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John not Verbier itself but if you head over to Thyon or Nendaz on the 4 valleys it is pretty much all T bars/pomas.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Diablerets has areas that are entirely drag lifts that can be accessed without a chairlift - on the glacier at the top of the cable car, and the Isenau ski area at the top of a pretty antiquated bubble....so no chairs involved in either of these. (Les Diablerets also links to Villars, via chair, for those in the party who aren't so constrained). Another alternative: Les Mosses - village near Les Diablerets / Villars / Leysin. Entirely drag lifts (around 12), but with easy access by car / bus to other resorts for the more adventurous.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tiger2, cosmic. A friend's got a place in Nendaz, I'm hoping to get there a couple of times this season. They'll have to drag me away from there. Ahahahahahahaaaaa (sorry)
snow conditions
Scotland
Chamonix (one of the areas)
Villars
ski holidays
They might have replaced them, but I remember there being loads above Villeneuve in Serre Che. Including one that went round a corner that I fell off and got stuck and was on my own and lost and it was getting dark and it made me cry a bit. I was 30 at the time.
latest report
levi in finland

gondola, plus lots and lots of T bars
snow report
Are, Sweden - land of the T bar lift.
snow report
Loads in Serre Chevalier as I remember. That Ben Hur style 4 up one looks terrifying! God imagine that with snowboards Shocked
latest report
Sweden is defo the land of the t-bars...
snow report
Les Mosses in Swizerland is impressive for those lovers of drags (14 lifts - all drags). Kranjska Gora in Slovenia is the cheaper version (12 drags and 6 chairs).
snow report
The Dachstein West area in Austria.
About 1hour from Salzburg or Linz...

Gossau, Russbach, Annaberg and I think the Krippenstein is on the same pass.
A large enough area for the week with plenty to do.. more challenging runs underneath the chair lifts rather than the drags...
Russbach or the higher end of Gosau is the best place to head for as they are both gondolas straight to the top.

It is a pretty cheap Ski pass as well!

http://www.dachsteinwest.at/russbach-ski-area-dachstein-west.html
ski holidays
Klosters is pretty much drag lift central - the beginner/intermediate mountain of madrisa only has one chair, and it's not central. You can access most of the (lovely gentle) blues and reds off two drag lifts. Over on the main stretch of Parsenn there are still a high amount of drags, and only 2 or 3 chairs from memory.
snow report
Saas Fee/Saas Grund has a good number of drags and bubble lifts. In fact I can only think of 2 chairlifts there; the rest are drags, bubbles/ underground railway/cable car . Quiet a few easy blues as well.
snow report
Val Cenis linked to Termignon, Termignon has a lot of very long drags going quite high.
ski holidays
cheers team, lots of good idea I'll have a loko and report back...
snow conditions
firebug wrote:
Loads in Serre Chevalier as I remember. That Ben Hur style 4 up one looks terrifying! God imagine that with snowboards Shocked

Not nearly so many as there used to be, it is possible to avoid them now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett wrote:
Slightly strange question but possibility of taking the sister in law and her family skiing at xmas, SiL however isn't a big fan of chair lifts having fallen off one when she was much younger on a summer school trips to the alps (yeah I know she needs to get over it but...)

So what resorts (and where to base within that resort) might be good with a propensity to drag/bubble lifts. Other than that some stuff to do off the mountain would be good as well as a range of wee wee-easy greens/nervous bluers for her (Zermatt glacier in nice weather would be perfect!) and a range of other stuff for me and the BiL and nieces..

Ones that spring to mind are

Nendaz - not been but always gets talked about
AdH - there's a few drags around the bunny slopes+ IIRc the run down from the 1st stage of the DMZ is a doddle..
Valmorel - likewise not been but strikes me as some nice easy runs and some drag lifts

Nendaz has a couple of drags but she would need to get the bubble up. It's not a massive ski area unless you are prepared to burst out into the wider 4V which may mean a bus to Siviev. Its a lovely village though with plenty of restaurants/supermarkets and a few decent bars.

A better bet in the 4V for a nervous chair lift person would be Thyon. There are only 2 chairlifts and about 20 drags. Its quieter than the Verbier side - and cheaper - and a fair few blue/easyish reds.

Not much nightlife but I could point you in the direction of some high quality reasonably priced chalets. Probably need a car.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy