Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit compatible boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've decided to bite the Dynafit bullet for my new touring set-up, which means new boots, of course. Not many options in London so am seeking some last shape advice ...

For a base point for my foot shape:

Current touring boot: Garmont Endorphin
Current Alpine boot: Fischer 95 (they're a few years old now)

Profeet are calling me back but it sounds like they are stocking the Garmont Radium and the Dalbello Virus. If I think the last will suit my foot, I'm tempted to pick up a pair of 09/10 Dynafit Titans online and get them fitted in London.

SZK, any comment on last shape suitability?

Cheers

Z
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not wanting to steal SZK's thunder or pretend to his expertise but I would chuck the Garmont Axon into the mix as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zammo, you owe it to yourself to take a sneaky early season trip to Chamonix and check out some of the new stuff in the flesh. there are some interesting options coming from Black Diamond and Scarpa which will no doubt hit the UK shops next year, by which time more new stuff will have arrived.

that said, my boots are the same last as Radiums and I have been really pleased with the performance both uphill and down. the fit me very nicely, which helps obviously

to back up my comment about going to CHX, I was all set for some Titans until I chatted with the SMALL one who recommended the Garmont Shogun TLTs which I had never heard of before but ended up getting. These were over EUR100 cheaper than Titans and a probably a better all round boot for me, as well as fitting nicely out of the box. The EUR100 did get spent on some decent liners but swings and roundabouts eh?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, hmm. Maybe a late October trip to Cham-a-lang-a-ding-dong is the answer:

1) Pack self, Mrs Zammo, new Wailers onto flight to GVA
2) Train to CHX
3) Visit to SZK for new rhythms
4) Get TLTs mounted on new Wailers by someone who actually has a Dynafit gig
5) Drink beer with Mrs Zammo in CHX
6) Sunday yomp and lunch at the railway station in Vallorcine
7) Return LHR with shiny new kit

Have I just talked myself into another unnecessary cash outlay?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zammo, i wouldn't bank on new stock having arrived in Cham by late Oct
otherwise, nice plan Wink
actually, i wouldn't bet my mortgage on the wailers having turned up by Oct unless you have heard from DPS recently...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agreed, October is rather ambitious, on all counts. Last time I bought new skis they arrived in ......... February Shock
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zammo, Cham from Novemberish, before then Oulu, Finland.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy