Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Dr John, FWIW, I know 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and have seen pictures of 70 year old kayakers wearing/who wear Sweet helmets, and never thought it looked odd. I don't think they actually look all that outlandish/badass either - not really park rat territory anyway (apart form the gold one lol).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, ooh, lovely, cheers. The Rooster looks right up my Strasse

If you happen see a bloke in EB Covent Garden at the start of the season trying on several helmets for hours on end and posing like a complete tart, that'll be me.

EDIT: £215 fecking quid? Jesus wept. For that price I want it to make me look like a cross between Herman Meyer and Brad Pitt.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno wrote:
Dr John, it is complementary to that look rather than replacing it
take no notice of DaveC - he has been indoctrinated by the reactionaries at CSIA

Few straps-under types in the CSIAl... I try to make a big as point as possible of pointing out how retarded it is. My hatred for all things newschoolers-approved is pretty fierce. Tall tees are another level.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John wrote:
EDIT: £215 fecking quid? Jesus wept.

Laughing As I said, not cheap.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My top tip for helmet wearing. Check the inside of the helmet before plonking it on your head as wasps don't like being confined in such a tight space. Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with what rob@rar said previously, it was the sober design of the Sweet Rooster that made me choose it over the Trooper. The trooper suggests a high skiing ability, one which sadly i do not possess!

I would highly recommend the Rooster (cost me about £220 last year). If it's hard for you to justify the cost, get yourself down to Snow+Rock, choose a cheaper helmet, wear that, look in the mirror, cringe while keeping that bile down, then put the Rooster on after. I guarantee you'll be like "ooooooooooooooooo" Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
-[c0Ka|Ne]-, like your style, this is the way my mind (and wallet) works as well...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hang11 wrote:
Just make sure there's a good sized gap between the top of your goggles and the helmet - it's important to stop your forehead overheating and your goggles fogging up, but most of all it looks cool.

wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Rooster is a smart looking helmet, but again as with many helmets you have to wonder at the price. When it's possible to buy a helmet that meets all the same EC safety criteria, looks OK, and most importantly fits (which in my case the Rooster didn't Sad , but maybe a blessing in disguise re: price!!) for £15 brand new why do any manufacturers have the audacity to charge more than say £40 for a helmet? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Sweet helmets look, well, sweet. But where are the air vents?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, is it case of the cheaper helmets meeting the minimum safety criteria and the more expensive ones going beyond the minimum? Added to which, you also pay for 'brand value' - that esoteric thing that companies pay millions to create.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, materials and design. Cheap helmets may meet the license criteria, Sweet exceed them.

Zero-G, Personally I've never needed them, nor noticed the difference between my Trooper and my old Giro (which had vents).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999 wrote:
Zero-G, Personally I've never needed them, nor noticed the difference between my Trooper and my old Giro (which had vents).

Showing my ignorance here - I don't wear a helmet for skiing Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zero-G wrote:
Megamum, is it case of the cheaper helmets meeting the minimum safety criteria and the more expensive ones going beyond the minimum? ....

Why not research and tell us?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

why do any manufacturers have the audacity to charge more than say £40 for a helmet?

because people are prepared to pay those prices!
snow report
I hate Ryanair.

I have a helmet with a visor. Look a bit like a space cadet but works well if you wear Gregory Pecks. Great all round vis.

Did you see MOL is talking about flying with one pilot and training the stewards/esses to land?

I hate Ryanair.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy