Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Chic - One Piece

Poster: A snowHead
Whats your thoughts on one piece suits?

I fancied trying one so I bought one from ebay, brand new with tags, it had been sitting in a wardrobe unworn for some time, I think its from the early/mid nineties.

Its metallic dark green with brilliant white flashes. I've bought a pair of white carrera glasses to finish the look which I think will come back into fashion as a result of the new government.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The problem with one pieces is that you either think you look 1.) Cool, in a retro sort of way or 2.) Think you are the funny, wacky japester who everyone wants to ski with.

You are neither. You are merely tragic. People are embarrassed for you, and your family are humiliated. You dance with your thumbs up, don't you? And probably wear novelty socks.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Voice of Reason wrote:
The problem with one pieces is that you either think you look 1.) Cool, in a retro sort of way or 2.) Think you are the funny, wacky japester who everyone wants to ski with.

You are neither. You are merely tragic. People are embarrassed for you, and your family are humiliated. You dance with your thumbs up, don't you? And probably wear novelty socks.

ha ha, no its definately number one I think.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sean1967, get thee off to La Plagne - you'll fit in just fine.

But, there again, I can't talk. I'm sat here with my Wallace and Gromit socks on and my Berghaus one-piece (circa 1990) hanging on the back of the bedroom door. Oh, and I'm off to morris dance practice tonight too!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't want to fit in! Fitting in is for The Voice of Reason, it just a bit of fun. It started when we bought one for my friend who organised last year's trip to say thanks.

Morris Dancing? Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
sean1967, Don't worry about fitting in - when you wear your one piece, you'll be unique - just like everybody else
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah the eternal Fartbag question! undeniably practical for the gent on the hill, but stigmatised by those 70's colours and bodyhugging fits and the delights of polyester fabrics.

Like wearing shoulder pads to the office, but then if you are so worried about fashion and your image your probably a boarder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

If its comfy and you just dont care what others think then go for it.......

......who does actually care what others think??? after all you will probably ever meet them again in your life Puzzled and there are plenty sadder sights on the hill these days....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
altis wrote:
Oh, and I'm off to morris dance practice tonight too!

Some border morris for you, given your location? Foot up!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Actually, it's north west but I'll have to stop ranting on Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a pair os Salomon boots - bright yellow affairs from the 90's and had been on 6/7 ski holidays. in 2009 I tried to sell on eBay without one bid, then I put them back in with the title Retro Ski Boots and had a bidding frenzy Very Happy Ended up selling for over £35 Shocked , so some dude like sean1967, could look 'cool' with his one piece on a lads trip wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forget the fashion statement, lets talk practicalities.

One piece = toilet faff.

Got to virtually strip off including your jacket/top half every time you want to sit on the throne !

It's bad enough using alpine bogs as it is !
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sean1967, take it from me....do not do it.......trust me, I know what I am talking about Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gazzza, must be the 17years of woking in coveralls, I had not noticed Toofy Grin

besides which i like my cuffs to smell of wee
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't feed the trolls guys Laughing
snow report
We had a lovely game of FartBagger going in Samoens last year. Basically you have to photograph the bagger, with bonus points for horrificness of the target bag, and one of your party furiously mugging next to said bagger. Points are lost should the bagee be wearing the bag for ironic purposes.

For example, the following shows a mere semi-dreadful (5/10) a mugging bonus of 4/5 points (could've been closer) and a Probable Seriousness Factor (or PSF) of 5/5, this scores 14/20.

snow conditions
Richard_Sideways, Can you just clarify which punter is being 'mugged off' in the photo? Is it the guy on the right, or the gaper on the left?
ski holidays
Toofy Grin
latest report
Talk about kettle calling the pot black Wink

As proved by the above pic, it doesn't matter if you wear a one piece or not just make sure you tuck your pants in your boots.
ski holidays
DB, Laughing You're right, that's a truly hilarious picture.
ski holidays
Just make sure you plan your 'comfort' stops in plenty of time. Fartbags are unattractive but even more so with the strategic addition of a wet patch. Laughing
snow report
DB, spot on. The grey and brown combo is so very cutting edge, don't you think?
ski holidays
DB, in my defense, the inner gaiter IS inside the boot - as for my symphony in grey and brown, I apologise to no man. NehNeh
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
DB, in my defense, the inner gaiter IS inside the boot

i hope that is meant to be ironic Laughing
snow report
I don't care what the guy at the Army and Navy Store said - only your feet and socks should be in your boots.
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
...in my defense, the inner gaiter IS inside the boot

Does the inner gaiter do a god job or a bad job of channelling water inside your boot?
snow report
Yes, gaiter does do a good job when outside boots, boots undone in that shot, hence general disarray - early morning, not clocked on for the day yet. Blimey, didn't expect spanish inquisition over contents of my boot (for future reference, strata normally goes outer/gaiter,boot, sock, sweat, crunchy bits, foot meat, assorted bones)
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways, take it as a valuable lesson in hubris
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I blame a lack of sleep and an extremely slow day at the office.
I shall keep my posts limited to whimsical musings on the thoughts of others for the rest of the day.
snow report

Quote:
you either think you look 1.) Cool, in a retro sort of way

I am cool.
ski holidays
eclectic, and invisible too Toofy Grin no points for just the fartbag photo, we need you to be wearing it 'in anger'
snow report
I've not got enough pennies to actually have one of these in the real world rolling eyes even if I did it is almost impossible to get your hands on one.

One'sies are making a come back though, for those big powder days or super cold conditions they are ideal. This is the Norrana Lofoten one and Sweet Protection do one that is pretty smart too. Tight 80s neon coloured ones are also the bomb.
ski holidays
How baggy does it need to be?

If your family are laughing be sure and drag them down to your level Toofy Grin
snow report
That seems to be around optimum baggyness right there. She'll have it off you before you notice Laughing

I'm now going to find a corner to go and cry in because you actually have one of these Going green
snow report
eclectic, seek solace in the phrases "all the gear and no idea" or if your feeling less charitable " all the kit and hes still ****"

Sad, fat (slightly balding) bloke who has been know to board Embarassed trying to keep up with his daughters Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy