Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Skiing Skills Box set

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if anybody has watched the DVD's in the box set. If so what was your opinion of them, would you consider them worthwhile?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beginners and beyond, Piste performance, and Mastering moguls are well put together, but it depends just what you are wanting them for.

Beginners and Beyond is worth watching with someone who is just beginning ideal to watch even before they stand on a set of skis togive them an intro to the central theme, also handy as revision for level 1 basi. They are not a substitute for a good instructor.

Piste performance and Mastering moguls are a good overview of what is required but again you need to use a good instructor to take you through the topics on the hill.

They are well produced and have a very relaxed style, much better than a lot of 'coaching' DVD's and are actually watchable right the way through.

They are definitely informative, but as to how much they will help you improve that is down to time and good on hill instruction
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I found the Beginners disc useful when I did my L1 and L2, and though Piste Performance was an OK resource. The Moguls one was a bit disappointing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I remember watching some of the fundamentals stuff, it was pretty good, although slightly dull. I was just curious about the moguls/piste stuff really. For my own personal skiing/teaching points. Also, beats picking up the manual, which I was reading today, it makes for a fairly boring read really. Could just do with a more imaginative layout, much like the overhaul to the BASI website, it would just become so much more user friendly (and the pictures are seriously out-dated!)

Thanks for that, they sound like they may be worthwhile, if not just for easier revision for myself!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
R555MAC, BASI are working on the new manual at the moment. I'll get an update on when they expect it to be ready.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hopefull the new manual will be ready at some point this season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, Good news
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevindonkleywood wrote:
beanie1, Good news
+1 Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1 wrote:

Ah. Nothing like being specific wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
They hope early part of the season, Jan time! But you know how these types of things can get delayed, so they're not giving a specific date.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FlyingStantoni wrote:
beanie1 wrote:

Ah. Nothing like being specific wink

Yep, and that was nothing like specific snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
when I did my last instructor course 3 years ago they were saying that the new manual would be out soon so don't hold your breath.

Hope the pictures have been redone as the current manual photos are dated and some of the technique photos are poor quality both visually and skiing wise.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just like to add that the box set is informative and worth looking at.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy