Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Possible free train to Alps, 11 Dec - snow and where to stay????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's just possible that myself and richard_sideways and sideways_junior can wangle a free train journey to the mountains but need some lovely snowHead help with the planning!

The last week of my maternity leave and before Christmas prices kick in is 11 December so it's going to be need to be high / snow sure (as it can be in December!) and junior will be 1 that week so we'll need a creche, will any be open that week??? Any input gratefully received!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
always29, where will the train take you? Is it a fixed destination, or anywhere vaguely alpine?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of the girls we ski with did the Eurostar changing at Paris to get to Tignes - went via train station between Tignes and Grenoble (I will check the name) and just got dropped off by transfer bus on the way back to airport, I think she got a bus up the mountain on the way in.

I would suggest Espace Killy for high altitude snowsure resort, but many of the higher resorts are properly open by that weekend each season.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob - anywhere, but prob France as I think this seems like easier connections? The Eurostar snowtrain proper doesn't start til 19 Dec so wherever, it's going to involve change in Lille / Paris and quite possibly Lyon it seems. I'd thought of Les Arcs as has such a brilliant train connection but doesn't seem to be much accom about, could only find the PV Les Alpages de Chantel -which at €855 pretty much negates the freebie!

monium - will check out Tignes.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Arcs will be open from the 11 Dec and they have great deals as it is the first week of the season. This is where the train finishes so very easy to connect to resort.

Have a look at there web site or go to the Les Arcs thread and ask any questions, someone should be able to help.

If you need help with somewhere to stay send me a PM as could be able to help. Most people I know will not be out till the following week so someone might be willing to rent there place that week.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55986&start=1160

http://www.lesarcs.com/?lang=en
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy