Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kronplatz - 1st timer, accommodation, please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning to go to Kronplatz for Christmas. It is our first time there.

We have been doing some research (www.kronplatz.com) and think that we should stay in Bruneck or Reischach.

There are 4 of us and we are looking for a 2 bedroom apartment.

Can any one give me some suggestions as to where to stay?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yuhsien1976, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
Unfortunately I don't know the Kronplatz area personally, but another useful website for accomodation in Austria and Northern Italy is www.tiscover.com
We don't have many Snowheads from China - have you been skiing there? I believe that in recent years a few Chinese ski resorts have been created.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think Kronplatz is popular in UK. It's hardly mentioned anywhere. Although it is part of Dolomites.
I had a few friends who went there and liked it a lot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied once in Kronplatz - as part of a larger trip to the Dolomites. Some quite nice runs, but put alongside the whole ski dolomiti region Krontplatz is not that great - think a dome with routes running off. Compared with the selle ronda, or the runs in the wider area I would say that Kronplatz has no more than a day (2 at max) of godd skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I went to Kronplatz with 5 other friends in 2008. The group consisted of 1 advanced skiier (ski everything), 1 intermediate and 4 newbies. We all enjoyed it immensely and would definitely go back. The blues are massively wide and nice for learning on. For higher milers, they can ski to different piste slopes as Kronplatz is linked into the larger super ski area.

I can't answer your question regarding SC apartments but we stayed at a hotel called Hotel Scherer. It was a very nice and friendly hotel. The rooms were clean and tidy.

http://www.hotelscherer.com/en/information/index.asp

We hired a van and drove from Venice Treviso, although it may be alot easier to fly into Austria and cross the border. We had to take the late night flight due to some work committments.

If you have any other questions, I'll try my best to help!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. We have now fixed our 2 weeks holiday. 1st week in Kronplatz (Riscone) and then 2nd week in Val Gardena (St. Christina). Never been skiing in Italy but really looking forward to it. Spent a week in Portes du Soleil during Feb this year, hope Dolomiti will be as nice!

Alastair Pink, we live in Beijing and there are indeed some skiing areas built in China recently. However, they are very small compared with the mountains in Europe. We usually go to Japan (Hokkaido) for Christmas, where there is awesome powder snow. We thought we would try out Europe for Christmas this year. Hope there will be enough snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yuhsien1976, Kronplatz and Val Gardena are both in the South Tyrol which up till the end of the 1st World War was part of Austria. That's why resorts often have more than one name e.g Kronplatz (German)/Plan de Corones(Italian). Similarly the food there includes both Austrian and Italian cuisine. Smile

Val Gardena has good skiing of its own from the 3 resorts along the valley, Selva/Wolkenstein, St Christina and Ortisei/St Ulrich. The SasLong men's World Cup downhill course (with its famous camel bumps) ends in St Christina, and there is a good long red run from the Seceda plateau that descends into Ortisei. From Selva you have direct entry into the Sella Ronda circuit, which any reasonable intermediate skier can easily complete in a day.

Incidentally, they have excellent snow making facilities in Val Gardena and the Sella Ronda, so even if the natural snow is patchy (hopefully not), you should still be able to have some good fun.
Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yuhsien1976,

Don't know if you're still monitoring this, but will give a view.

If you are all advanced/expert skiers then this probably isn't the place for you.

If you're a mixed ability group then there probably isn't a better resort anywhere!! The lift system is quite simply the best I've ever experienced in my life - all very fast chairs or gondolas and makes Lech look like a dump. The place is a dome, so is not visually the most exciting place, but, and here's the cracker for a mixed group - every ski school finishes at the top. So no getting lost meeting up etc. Some of villages around the dome have interesting runs down and there are some great little huts knocking around.

I stayed in Reischach/Riscone, but wouldn't do so again. It's a bit quiet, but also because the only serious blacks in the resort are the runs back to Reisch. And if you have tired intermediates in your group, they are hard work at the end of the day, or it's the gondola down.

If I went again, and I might, I would stay in St Vigillio - it's a slightly bigger place, there's more accommodation, and it's the only really Italian feeling village. It also cuts 45 mins off the trip to get to some of the most beautiful mountains in the world - San Cassiano, Selva, and the (now not quite so hidden) Hidden Valley run, which really is quite stunning - if you do go, you HAVE to have the mixed grill at Scotoni's (rifugio) it's fantastic!! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy