Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

INNSBRUCK - PLACES TO STAY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning to ski a few long weekends in Feb/Mar/April 2011 around Innsbruck (straight in and out - no faff with transfers) and have never been to Austria.

Can anybody recommend any cheap places to stay near the slopes? I'll probably be on my own, so single supplements would be an issue.
I hear they have a free ski bus service around the town, so a place near one of these bus stops would be great.

How's the snow around Innsbruck in April?

I would welcome any (money-saving) tips.

Many thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ALQ, Welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
I've stayed at Binders Hotel in Innbruck one night recently, and I thought it was good value and the staff were friendly and helpful. I booked it through laterooms, but you could also book direct with them if you prefer.

I've not skied at the nearby Innsbruck resorts, but I believe you can get various accomodation and lift packages in the resorts from sites such as this.

Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ALQ, I've only ever stayed with friends in Innsbruck so can't help out with actual places to stay. Depending on what type of accommodation you are after, you will normally find some single rooms in pensions, b&bs and hotels. Austria tends to be different to France on apartment occupancy. From experience, if you rent a 2 person apartment and you are by yourself they don't charge a single supplement but quite often will reduce the daily rate for 1 person. It is not always the case but you might get lucky!

Re skiing in April. Depends entirely on the snow. If you are going later in April or the snow is not great there are high and snow sure resorts not too far away but will mean a short transfer...

http://www.innsbruck.info/xxl/_site/innsbruck/_lang/en/_area/478338/_subArea/478353/index.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ALQ

If you go in late season the Stubai Glacier (which is quite extensive for a glacier) guarantees good snow. Neustift, which is about 30 mins by regular bus from Innsbruck centre, is a gorgeous little village - if you've never been to austria you will be impressed. The glacier is a further 30 mins up the valley by bus.

We've stayed here twice - excellent standard and decent price at about 50 or 60 euros for a double room (bed and breakfast):

http://www.hotel-pfandl.at/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the center of Innsbruck - Golden Krone, cheap and basic and the free ski bus stop is opposite at the Hilton Hotel.
Alternatively stay anywhere in the Stubai Valley and take the bus to the Stubai Glacier lifts at the head of the valley
You could also check out Khutai (nice resort 30 mins away) and stay there at a B&B - free ski bust goes there too !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Goldener Adler in the centre is sound. Good food and bar. Mozart and Goethe stayed there (before it was a Best Western).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latchico wrote:
Goldener Adler in the centre is sound. Good food and bar. Mozart and Goethe stayed there (before it was a Best Western).

I presume that was also before it had lifts? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've only stayed at my gf's so I can't really help with accommodation, but the free bus stops at quite a few places over the city, from by Nordkette on the North side to the centre over to Patscherkoffel etc on the side of the valley. It's pretty easy to get around. Also if you didn't know you can get a furnicular/cable car combination from the city centre to the slopes at Nordkette above. Snow is tricky to predict, whilst this April it was fine if a little soft at Kitzbuhel and Westendorf, it was hideous at (south facing) Nordkette - really depends on local conditions, but the Stubai offers reasonably snow sure slopes. Depending on how many weekends you go for, it could be worth looking at the Tirol Snow Card season pass, which includes all of the surrounding resorts, and a few further affield ones. If you like offpiste, watch out for when the snowclouds get trapped against the wall of the Nordkette area Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Many thanks for the useful tips.

It seems cheaper to stay in the city and take the skibus to the various lifts.....

...unless somebody can recommend places close to the lifts that is easily accessible from the airport???

Really looking forward to discovering what Austrian is like for skiing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy