Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

would you still go?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. been a member for a while more of a reader normally
just thought id ask this, not after a debate about it or anything as i know a few of you guys get a bit wild about it. here goes.

if helmets were made compulsory would you still go boarding/skiing Puzzled

please excuse spelling english not my best subject Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dbs, welcome to posting. Congratulations, also, on starting a thread which, despite its opaque title, is still about a much loved and well-worn topic! wink My answer to your question is: yes, of course, skiing is more important to me than my hairstyle or whether I look like a mushroom in a helmet (which I do.)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for replying guys, i to am a mushroom for last two seasons, due to taking my 12 yr old and making him wear one guess i cant not wear one myself. i found that i dont feel right without wearing one these days.(when skiing not just in general Confused ) i also wonder how many of the snowHead who dissagree with them have actually tried one for a few days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably. But I'm still hoping it will never happen. Nothing to do with hairstyles or looking like a mushroom of course.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No, of course not, I value my personal freedoms so much I would boycott snowsports to stick it to the man.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, but I wont drive a car as seat belts are compulsory.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
No, of course not, I value my personal freedoms so much I would boycott snowsports to stick it to the man.

you must have a really cool hair cut Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dbs, he does.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dbs, definitely. some of us look like a mushroom even without the helmet Wink .
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I would organise mass civil disobedience campaigns involving the wearing of silly hats.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, I would still go if helmets became compulsory (I wear a helmet by choice anyway).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes - and I dont wear one at the moment through choice.
snow report
yes, wear one now so no one sees my bald head
ski holidays
-[c0Ka|Ne]- wrote:
Yes, I would still go if helmets became compulsory (I wear a helmet by choice anyway).

Same here
snow conditions
Yes, have worn one for the last 3 years and feel really vulnerable if I ever venture out without one now, which is very rare. I'm glad I have done with a few of the spills I've had similarly on my bike, I always wear a cycle helmet now and was very glad on it when I came off my bike, late one night, slightly worse for wear on the way home from Mouth's house, having visited her and Mouth Junior aka The Bullet.
latest report
I wear one to teach here at Coronet Peak, New Zealand. It is compulsory for us when teaching children and recommended to us when teaching adults, they are a great idea and I agree you soon get used to them!
latest report
Having seen a nasty accident one day i only wear my helmet when i am putting on chains!
snow report
In Austria, they can only police this by preventing you boarding the lifts.

I would not buy a lift pass & just hike up, their financial loss in the end Very Happy
ski holidays
Such a stupid question.

The only people not wearing helmets are those on their first trip or those that think they are safe by not going over 10mph.

Decide which group you are in.
snow report
Yes
latest report
yes
snow conditions
yes
ski holidays
what about a 25 mph speed limit on the slopes.. would you still go then?
latest report
We're getting helmets for this season, though the kids have always worn them. Think I'll get it as a Christmas prezzie so I dont feel guilty spending a fortune on one that looks cool.
latest report
What about compulsory breathalyzers at every lift station?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dr John, yes. But I would have to cut my skiing day a bit short sometimes - it is a holiday afterall!
latest report
yes, but not actually wear it as a protest
snow conditions
As no standards on protective requirements or on-site testing exists - one could argue that any form of headgear COULD be classed as a helmet, from the top-end racing jobbies, through punters models, to a bike helmet, or a novelty oversized foam cowboy hat perhaps a knotted hanky or an admirals hat made out of the centre pages of the Telegraph
snow report
Ski helmets are compulsory for Children under 14/15 in Italy, Slowenia and 4 regions of Austria (Upper Austria, Kärnten, Salzburg and Burgenland) which is strange because as far as I know Burgenland dosen't have any ski resorts. Puzzled

Link in German
http://www.skihelm-berater.de/content/skihelmpflicht-oesterreich-2009-2010.html

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 8-09-10 15:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Darwin candidate?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100907/tuk-motorbike-thief-killed-in-crash-6323e80.html
snow conditions
as a Skier i never wore a helmet. As a snowboarder i do. I found boarding a more painfull progression with many edges being caught. I have slammed my head many times and I will always wear one.
Im not a brilliant skier or boarder but I dont think that matters as all it takes is the idiot who is drunk coming down the hill at Mach 3 to slam into you with your back turned and its all over.
I saw at least three big pools of blood at the liftstations in Megeve this year.
ski holidays
Yes.

I will be wearing a helmet for the first time this year following a nasty encounter with a rock in Zermatt at the end of last season. I still have and treasure the x-rays that showed that my skull wasn't fractured. If there is a next time, I might not be so lucky.
latest report
Another reason I chose to wear a helmet all the time. Not so much just protection from myself, but protection from others. Whose actions, sadly, you cannot control.
snow report
back protectors should be made compulsory as well ..
so thats helmets , back protectors, drink and drug testing, and speed cameras so there will need to be some kind of registration with bibs with your number on it.. yup sounds like fun .. oh and cut all the trees down and have those lights you get in water parks so no one can set off until the run is clear
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON, I don't think that anyone here is advocating compulsion. Just saying that if it did happen they would still go.
snow report
DB, weird, Burgenland is pretty...errmmm...flat isn't it? What a weird thing to have as a law there. Still, nothing like standing on (completely irrelevant) principle.

D
snow report
No, I'd go elsewhere. (assuming there're still places that doesn't REQUIRE helmet)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy