Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

some very very very cool old skiing pics...

Poster: A snowHead
came across this little lot on the Faction Skis facebook site... all cracking shots and very inspirational Very Happy

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=253319&id=685035589
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They certainly are - and it's nice to see a post that really is about skiing on The Piste snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, cool. But how did they manage to ski like that without fat skis & reverse (sic) camber?

Was it all photoshopped?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
that album is full of win!

pow
skinny skis
"interesting" fashions
dog in moguls
synchronised aerials

whan more can you ask for??? snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, back in the day... Very Happy

mind you, i'm sure in around 30 years time we'll look back to the 2010s and wonder how we all managed on skis that were only 90mm wide!

look at it, just look at it Very Happy

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
super cool (I had the same Scot Schmid jacket back in the day)

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That is frickin' awesome.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some nice photos, but just imagine how good they could have been with proper powder skis on their feet.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
imagine how good they could have been with proper powder skis on their feet.

^ meh, check out blizzard of ahhs (in which Mark Shapiro features).

Those boys skied pow & steeps with way more style on 210cms than your average 'phat' ski commando.

Love this one of Attelas (number 2 ?)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 26-08-10 16:45; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The photos are from Mark Shapiro! Woot Woot!

(History reference, in case you didn't know, Marko is in Blizzard of Ahhhs with John Faulkner).

He's been shooting skiing for longer than I've been alive. Such a nice guy too, he gave me my first telemark set up.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haggis_Trap wrote:
Those boys skied pow & steeps with way more style on 210cms than your average 'phat' ski commando.

Indeed, I was being tongue-in-cheek. The skiing in those photos is amazing and inspirational.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
Haggis_Trap wrote:

Indeed, I was being tongue-in-cheek. The skiing in those photos is amazing and inspirational.

i got it Very Happy

he's now my newest friend on facebook Blush silly, i know, but i just had to tell him how good the photos were Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Terrific, thanks for posting.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wasn't there some debate in the early 'phat' days that skinny skis allow you to ski 'in' the snow like skimottarets photo, rather than floating on top???
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hell yeah - nothing like getting balls deep in powder.
plus you got 10x more turns on each pow run.
and skiers had to first acquire a degree of skill (and experience) before skiing off-piste.
snow report
Haggis_Trap, indeed, I remember doing just that at Grand Targhee during a snow storm on my 203cm Force 9s Wink
snow conditions
Wow, fantastic shots! The rest of his portfolio is just as good.
ski holidays
shoogly, he he he, wanna shot on my circa 1975 Lamborghinis? Fantastic, lovely. Shapiro is a dood and the rest of the Clambin Kids rock.

Haggis_Trap,
Quote:

hell yeah - nothing like getting balls deep in powder.
plus you got 10x more turns on each pow run.
and skiers had to first acquire a degree of skill (and experience) before skiing off-piste.

Yeah baby, too right.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy