Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

05/06 Rossi Zenith-similar to Atomic Metron?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about next season's Zenith model from Rossi...apparently it's rumoured to have a similar huge footprint to the Atomic Metron.

If this is the case it would be very interesting to see how the ski performed, as this years Metron range from Atomic seems to have gone down very well and, in particular the b5, have got very good reviews.

Do you think most ski manufacturers will follow suit with the dimensions of their "all-mountain" skis next season-an interesting one?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris_5000, you have it right. The Z9 is very similar in shape. but does not have the structural reinforcement that the Metron has. As a result, at least one report that I have heard indicates that it is not as effective in tortional resistence as the Metrons are. But, this is typical of the Rossi designs in my experience.

I will note that a PSIA-RM examiner that I have the pleasure to have examined under skied the Z9 this year. She raved about it. She is a Rossi rep.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Do you think most ski manufacturers will follow suit with the dimensions of their "all-mountain" skis next season-an interesting one?

Supposedly alot of manufacturers will be using a similar shape in their 2006 lines.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris_5000 wrote:
I believe that the Metron is truly "the shape of things to come."

However, I do not believe it will be the end of the evolution of skis. It's just what we can clearly see from where we stand right now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah i definately agree with you ssh.

Ten years ago people would not have thought that skis would look like they do now...so i'm pretty sure that they will be very different in another ten years.
By the way ssh-where did you read/hear the report on the Z9?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_5000, there was a first-hand report over on EpicSki some time ago. The other report I heard was from one of my PSIA examiners earlier this year. She's been on the Z9 most of the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ssh, Chris_5000 I imagine the critical issue is sizing? Would one size a Z9/Magfire 10/Snowracer/Top Fuel the same way as a B5?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
comprex, a Top Fuel is a very different ski (doesn't have a radical sidecut), and you'll ski it longer (I'd likely ski the 178). I don't know about the other three.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy