Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Teach L3 Val D'isere Accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So its a nice and newly refurbed apartment located centrally in Val, dates of the course are 31/01/2011 - 04/02/2011. I can get the apartment for £220 a head or less, based on at least 4 people. It sleeps 4 comfortably (@220pp) but has a sofa bed so can stretch to 6. Anyways details for the apartment are here...

www.freshchalets.co.uk

If anybody is interested post here, PM or email me at ross_macewan@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Ross.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
R555MAC, have you tried posting it on the Facebook group?

Good luck with the course!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No I havent. Didnt realise there was on TBH. Oops, been thinking recently that there really should be on aswell rolling eyes

I will get on that right away!

Thanks beanie1
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
R555MAC, It's something I'm pondering but won't decide until later. I'll give you a shout if I decide to go with it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
david@mediacopy, OK good. probably best to email me as I may not check here enough. There are still 15 spots going so no immediate hurry. I just want to get my teach done at the beginning of the season so that I can take what I learn and actually go and teach with it straight away so Im not forgetting anything, its the more important part of the exams/training to me at the moment.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having said I would like to get it done early they have just put up dates for a teach in Verbier. I am less than 2 hours from Verbier so might actually book onto the course there as it immediately follows the tech aswell which I am sure will benefit my teaching exam. Its just far more convenient if I go to Verbier really.

I do know that Clare and Steve will be trying to fill that apartment with BASI members going for the exam so if you are interested it is worth sending an email or going on their facebook page for freshchalets.

beanie1, you may know this, I asked the BASI office earlier this year if there would be L3 tech and teach offered in Mrozine. It makes a lot of sense based on the location and the fact that there are already plenty of trainers in resort. I had heard rumors that there would be. When I asked BASI they said to keep monitoring the courses, the problem is that if dates are not put up until late I have little choice but to opt for a resort which is much futher away for risk of missing out on places all together. Do you have any information on this, as if I book exams now in Verbier it will make a big difference to my costs after 2 weeks tech 1 teach plus the mountain safety.

thanks!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
R555MAC, If the dates aren't on the website then that will most likely mean nothing is planned there yet, but I'll check for you.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That would be great if you know of anything. As I said I had just heard that they may be running some, really got my hopes up! Verbier isnt too far though, beats travelling to Hintertux thats for sure!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
R555MAC, I'm pretty sure they run L3 courses in Morzine every year. The best thing to do is drop Jaz a line and find out directly from the horse's mouth.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni, thanks, I have just sent a message. I noticed the involvement in 'skiforce' but they just do 1&2 but training for the 3 is offered. So not sure that they actually run L3 exams? But I have asked so I'll know soon enough.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
R555MAC, I had a chat with Diane in the BASI office, and she is looking at running L3 courses in Morzine in 11/12 season. This year they've added extra L3 courses in Verbier, Courchevel and Andorra following feedback from members last season, as well as those running in Val D'Isere, Zermatt and Hintertux. Unfortunately if they put on too many courses in different venues they struggle to fill them, and then they get cancelled.

So unfortunately it looks like Morzine won't work for you this season, so you should continue looking for your accommodation shares. Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thankyou beanie1 that is just what I needed to know. I am continuing my accommodation hunt now! The extra courses in verbier should make a difference, think I will be buying a season pass there this winter! Good to know Morzine may get some in the future, although I shouldnt be needing L3 by then, but its really only the 3 that seems to be very expensive just as a result of the time and number of exams! Ah well, back to futher planning now, at least the L3 is an excuse for some new skis Toofy Grin

Thanks for all of the info!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy