Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Washington State Jan 2011

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

After an amazing trip to Japan last season, we all decided to go on the "cheaper" holiday, so a trip to the north cascades is the obvious next step!! We are due to fly out mid January and plan on renting a truck and driving from Seattle. we have a total of 10 days Pow hunting.

Has anyone got any tips for around this area, we are going to do the obvious stop at Mt Baker and might work along the highway into the cascades

Also is it worth heading down Portland direction or even going into canada?

cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've done Baker (phenomenal) Alpental (smaller area but great terrain),49 North (about 1 hour north of Spokane- good constant pitch tree skiing) plus Red Mtn, Whitewater, Revy, Silver Star. All the Canadian places are reachable on a road trip from Seattle fairly reasonably so I'd hang out and wait to see where the storms are hitting.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another thumbs up for Alpental.

Crystal is a must do.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup another vote for Baker - the best backcountry is off the Arm. Heard good reports about Crystal. Allow plenty of time if you head into Canada - the 'boarder' guards Laughing are ruthless. I was there on my own so had a day out in the backcountry with Dan Otter from the American Alpine Institute.
For Baker you'll have to stay in Bellingham / Fairhaven an hour away - there's not much else in between. Fairhaven is a lovely old town. The village of Glacier on the way up to baker has a brilliant little organic bakery that does fab breakfast wraps!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This might help

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198213
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We did the drive from Seattle to Whistler for a week, then back south to Baker via vancouver for a day. If you don't mind the remoteness, there are places to stay in Glacier. We stayed in Glacier, and theres quite a few rental properties around - quite reasonable too. Sadly didn't get to see Baker at its best as I happened to go on their worst season on record rolling eyes Would love to go back sometime to see it properly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
matt_Bradley wrote:

Also is it worth heading down Portland direction...?

cheers

If you're there for 10 days probably not. Mount Bachelor could be worth visiting, but it's a bit of a trek from northern Washington. Since you will not have exhausted the other possibilities in 10 days then it's probably unnecessary. The ski areas on Mount Hood aren't that big. Probably only worth heading to if you were in the area for some other reason.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers guys, helps alot to get the ball rolling for the planning, will keep people posted..... summer is officially dead to me, just sitting it out waiting for the snow Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy