Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What boot options do I have? Size 31.5cm/355mm size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been riding my Salomon X-Wave 10s for the last 4/5 seasons. Been teaching and riding every single day of those seasons, so they have done a good 600+ days hard riding, lots of poma laps and standing around aswell as higher end teaching mixed with my riding(fast piste/spring park sessions/march freeride). They probably should have been replaced last season but I'm tight, so here I am now wondering if a direct replacement is best(I'm thinking it will be) or what other options are out there.

I am a size 31.5cm which translates to a 355mm sole length in Salomon.
My feet are pretty flat and fairly wide. I have custom orthotics I would be sticking in them.
I am ~105kg and 6ft 5

What else is out there that will suit??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
eclectic, WOW, never seen anyone that needs a 31,5 in my whole career, basketball players, rugby players the whole spectrum. If indeed that is your size, options are limited. Properly made ski boots stop at 29,5, however the new Lange RS will be available upto 30,5 and they tend to be 8mm longer per size that other brands in the same range. Check dem out.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, it is in fact my size, I wear a size 15 uk shoe. You know what they say about big feet...its a *&^%$£* pain in the back bottom to get shoes, let alone ski/board boots. Not sure the Lange would have the width I need in the forefoot even if it did have the length, I'm around 115mm, based on my at home with a ruler accurate measurement. What exactly do you mean when you say properly made ski boots stop at 29.5?

I have done a little more research this morning. I have found three boots that seem to fit the bill;

Salomon Mission RS12 - flex 120
Salomons offering for people with feet upto size uk 16

Salomon Impact 10 CS - flex 120
A piste oriented boot whose biggest size is a 31.5

Rossignol Zenith Sensor3 110 - flex 110
High powered all mountain boot for aggressive skiers that seek ultimate sensitivity and fit.

Any opinions on the above boots and/or comments about the fit etc
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glad I stunmbled upon this thread, as my son's friend is planning on learning to ski, and I wondered if he'd be able get hire boots to fit, I'm pretty sure he's about a size 15 too, and they 'll be skiing in VdI ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, I have struggled in the past to find rental boots to be honest. Most places seem to stock upto about a 13 and then with a little running around and checking other shops can find a dusty 14 somewhere. Probably the best thing to do is give a couple of the rental shops a call and double check.

The situation seems to be the same with boarding too, biggest boots available to me for rental were a 14 that I could shoehorn my feet into for an uncomfortable few days. (I recently bought some Ride 'Bigfoot' boots though, which are just the ticket) With this size of boot a normal board isn't going to work as the toe drag is too much to counteract even with a mega wide -18/+18 stance, so worthwhile checking out the Artec - Phenom board which at 167cm long is 28.4cm underfoot catering easily for the yeti's amongst us.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eclectic, The Lange boot in question is 118mm in the size you require. Stretching the shell is a simple procedure if not.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was a pair of FullTilt Konflicts on ebay recently that was reported to be Mondo 31:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290446067790
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, That is very interesting. I had always found Lange boots a narrower fit than the salomons back when I got my Xwave 10s. I am going to see if I can find a set to try. Cheers for the heads up.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eclectic, It is a narrow fit
97mm in 26.5. They just need fitting dude, job done.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Most manufacturers have will carry at least one model of boot that ranges into the 'thirites' up to about (32.0). The Salomon Impact's go up to 32. The only issue is that predominently the boot that they'll carry into this size are generally a wider fit. It's probably worth calling round before you go off looking for the boots because most shops won't carry a large range of large sizes. I've seen Head Edges go up to a size 34.0!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just to clarify am a size 31.5 and thats a 14 uk max!
u really do struggle to buy skiboots in any shop and i got sick of searching as u rarly get them above thirty. u obviously carnt try them when u buy them over the internet, so av found the best bet it to get to the large RENTAL SHOPS such as intersport, they alway do up to size 32.5 size 15 uk from the conversion charts. av picked up some Solomon quest 880 all (mountain boot) at the end of the season, basicly the rental version of the 8´s i think. also brand new and 100 francs off due to no one ever renting that size WINN!!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Please write a full review.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
only bought the quest 880s today so carnt really give a thorough review but on first impressions a top boot, very comfy and secure. contains that hike ride flip mechanism so even a comfy boot to walk around the street in. . carnt compare to any other boots as these are my first new boots. been skiing 15 weeks + but when u have yeti feet sometimes u have to just make do and be happy u found a boot u can try on there and then which fits, i was.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy