Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les deux alpes, investment

Poster: A snowHead
It has been a while since Les Deux-Alpes installed a new lift, but this winter the French resort will have a fast new quad.

The POMA chairlift (Sautet) is being built in the Toura sector, and will link the area just below Toura to the top of the chairlift up from La Fée – on the back of the peak and serving mainly red and black runs, plus ski routes down from the Gours valley – some of the ski area’s most interesting slopes. The new chair is 474m long and should improve access to this area from the front side. Most of the towers are now in place, so the lift should be ready in time for the 2010/11 winter season.

Les Deux-Alpes also plans a one million euro investment to upgrade piste signage throughout the ski area, including electronic information boards at every major lift.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
piste2powder, you sound like a press release. Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, exactly! If it is not from the horses mouth, it is definately a copy and paste job!! wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
of course its copy and paste, i'm not making the news i'm just passing it on. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
piste2powder, copy from where? You could at least post the link.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AH Lizzard, are you also know as JC's wife????? Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
piste2powder, Give the credit where it is due! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure if this is the original though either...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
piste2powder, only by people who know him.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep MoodyFFS, Thats the origional, well done rolling eyes Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is this the lift that was knocked down by an avalanche a few years ago at Easter? It was a spectacular mess and a bit unnerving to arrive at.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No Mountain Haddock, that one was re-built that year this is a new one linking from what I can gather from near the grand couloir 6 man to the top of La Fee. it will make la fee a lot more accesible without having to go down the la gours long flat. it will make it much easier for boarders.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
piste2powder, apologies just thought it was worth knowing the source of the news you had cut and paste...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No Probs MoodyFFS, I took on the comment and my next post L2A investment part 2 has all the relevant info. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wasn't that avalanche set off by the pisteurs? I went to a Free Respect avalanche awareness talk in LDA a couple of years ago and I think they sheepishly admitted that was the case.
snow conditions
piste2powder, with your location you should be able to get the inside scoop on such things - now THAT would be hot news! Smile
ski holidays
Yeh Colin B, it was and by the only brit pisteur in town as well , I wont give any names out but you are right he was quite sheepish that day. they set the avalanche of from the top not realising how much was going to come down. It was also very wet snow, so very heavy. S**T happens rather the lift than any person.
latest report
Hey MoodyFFS, i'm in New Zealand at the mo so the scoop has too come from friends, I shall be returning soon to L2A in time for the Ski test on the glacier so I shall be reporting in person soon. Very Happy
snow conditions
piste2powder, I know who you mean, I thought it was the aussie.
ski holidays
Colin B, Which aussie?
Quote:

I thought it was the aussie.
ski holidays
There was an aussie giving the talk with the brit, can't remember his name, think he was the chief explosives man.
snow report
Oh yeh. I know him, they might have been working together, there are normally a few of them.
snow conditions
Very exciting news!!! I look forward to getting back to L2A to see the progress!!!
snow report
alexchapman, !!!!!! Gerroff the bloody exclamation mark button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
So is it going up that face with the black that's never open on it? The one that avalanches quite a lot?

Colin B, the lift that he took out with the charge was the one out of Thuit that takes you to the top of Cretes. Nice guy that Aussie, full of info like "I recommend you don't consider skiing that until April" by which time all the snow had gone from that face Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy