Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas skiing advise and wisdom request

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Contemplating doing Xmas skiing this year. Want to travel over on around the 23rd, returning a week later, or even possibly extending to include New Year. A quick look at TO deals didn't return anything very attractive, and certainly not flexible about mid-week travel. Flights to Geneva at that time are very reasonable at the moment, so was wondering about flexible chalet/hotels that could accomodate our requirements.

France is favorite at the moment (OH is half french and fluent), but open to ideas. Can anyone save me some leg work and point me in the right direction of flexible accommodation resources, or any other advice?

Thanks in advance...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christmas is early season. If you want to be sure of snow go high.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John I'll be the first of a series of doom and gloom merchants on this I think. Crying or Very sad

Split weeks are notoriously difficult to source at any time of year let alone over Christmas. Good luck.

Do I recall correctly that you went to La Clusaz last year? We've stayed in the Hotel Alpen Roc there a couple of times, both on split weeks but one was in January and one in late Feb.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dr John, Go high is good advice, why not get your wife to call l'oxalys in Val Thorens they frequently do very good deals.

http://www.montagnettes.com/hiver-en/introduction-of-the-residence-oxalys
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely going high, it was the split week thing I was worried about, quite rightly by the sounds of it.

Tiger2, you do recall correctly, I'll take a look, but isn't La Clusaz a little low?

Boredsurfing, thanks for the tip, will investigate.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr John, We are offering some flexibility with 5 night stays at our ski to door catered chalet in les coches 23rd - 28th Dec OR 24th - 29th Dec at £299 including Geneva transfers and 5 nights catered accommodation including wine with dinner. You can extend your day prior to 24th or 23rd. Also offering 5 nights 28th Dec - 2nd Jan or 29th Dec - 3rd Jan @ £329 per person (again including transfers and catered accom). You can add days to your stay after 2nd or 3rd Jan. www.mountainsunltd.com/chalet/chalet-melezes-and-mazot. Contact details on website if of interest to you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Joanne Mountainsun, that's what I like to see, realisation of the situation and a little bit of flexibility. I'm quite amazed that more cross-week deals aren't being offered, I imagine there will be a lot of unoccupied accommodation this year due to the dates. I'll run it pas the boss and PM you if we're interested.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dr John, Does not look to be a bad year in relation to early bookings, but I doubt if our estate agent markets the British market! Most others would drive! I know that the normal sunday change overs are going to be Sunday to sunday until 15th January so that last week of 9th Jan to 15th Jan is a six day holiday! I have found the French to be less flexible than a British chalet owner/operator! Good luck! Let us know where you decide
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John, likewise we are being flexible (particularly for Xmas week) so if s/c Chamonix interests, PM me - 10% SHs discount. See website below...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr John, if I was you I'd consider driving too, and then you can set off what day you want and make the most of an accomodation only booking somewhere that is flexible with dates.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hmm, driving is always and option but I'm 1/2 hour from LHR and Swiss flights are £100pp for the period at the moment, so flying is very tempting.

David Murdoch, cheers, looks a very nice place. If not for xmas it could well do for another time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy