Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who remains a member of the Ski Club of GB?

Poster: A snowHead
Doh! Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NURSE! more sedation they've woken up this thread again Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No it's OK, not woken up, just a silly old reindeer up to his old tricks!! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Blitzen, we already know your name should be Pseudolph.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mark Lehto, ho ho ho (as Santa would say!) NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Only just found this thread.
I doubt anyone is still interested to hear it but I am still a member. I do it for the holidays (one of my 3 weeks is usually still one of theirs. However, as I discover more compatible skiers on those holidays and good guides to ski with, I can see my holidays may end up all being self organised,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
waste of money

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 25-07-05 22:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waste of an i
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is when you've got such great representatives of the Club as "Beck" and "Tim" - such a great double act. They remind me so much of two other nice characters at SCGB but I can't quite place them wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cathy Coins, I know whay you mean, but I too cannot remember their names, strange that wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can someone enlighten me as to who Becks and Tim are in the club?
are they the secretary and treasurer?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, golly that would be funny, but no I don't think that they have any status per se with the club
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, Toofy Grin Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm seriously thinking of joining . . . really . . . I want to give Tim a chance to shake me warmly by the throat, he can then learn if I've been trained to "kill with one blow" Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, ta Laughing
ski holidays
Masque, D G Orf, So Becks and Tim aren't official SCGB spokepersons then?
ski holidays
D G Orf, did you remove your own posts or were they removed for you? Do you think that those kind of comments are compatible with being a moderator?
ski holidays
Quote:

Do you think that those kind of comments are compatible with being a moderator?

Probably not

boredsurfin,
Quote:

So Becks and Tim aren't official SCGB spokepersons then?

I sincerely hope not, but you never know
snow report
I certainly didn't see anything wrong with D G Orf's comments - seemed like a statement of fact to me Very Happy
ski holidays
D G Orf,
Quote:

Quote:

So Becks and Tim aren't official SCGB spokepersons then?

I sincerely hope not, but you never know

The way things are going they could be the only member's left Toofy Grin
latest report
Cathy Coins, two posts were removed, one because someone felt threatened Shocked the other because it could have been mistaken as coming from the moderators rather than me personally Embarassed
snow report
We'd kept up our membership so far, but only because of the discounts (saved a lot on both our new skis last year) & the option of skiing with a rep. But as non-members can ski with the rep for a day anyway (we wouldn't want any more) & we've got no major items of expenditure this year & you can get better discounts on the web, we're going to let it lapse this year. In addition, the attitude of some members really doesn't entice us to stay - is this the sort of organisation I wish to be a member of??
snow conditions
D G Orf, I only noticed one post having been removed - and that didn't seem to have fallen into either of those categories. Unless someone was getting over-sensitive Shocked you didn't mention your firearms proficiency again did you?? Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Cathy Coins, no I did however offer a suggestion to Masque, after his post Twisted Evil
snow report
D G Orf, Yep, I remember the post you speak of, someone must be sensitive (or feeling very exposed) to be upset by that humourous aside.
ski holidays
boredsurfin, they were Shocked And I'm normally such a nice person Twisted Evil
snow report
Speaks volumes
latest report
Beck Daross, did you know your email address that you gave to snowHeads is now invalid?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Beck Daross, did you know your email address that you gave to snowHeads is now invalid?

and therefore not allowed to post Puzzled
latest report
instead of 'down a crevasse' why not put 'please update your email'?
ski holidays
Tim Brown, because, unlike some, this forum is run by people with a sense of humour.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, but if you don't know what 'down a crevasse' means...
snow conditions
Tim Brown, as someone whose SCGB membership goes back to 1962 I'd cordially invite you to 'grow up'.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, how about 'is down a crevasse until they update their email' ?
snow report
For once Shocked I agree with Tim Brown. Why on earth would someone realise that "down a crevasse" means "your e-mail address is no longer valid" Puzzled
snow report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Tim Brown, as someone whose SCGB membership goes back to 1962 I'd cordially invite you to 'grow up'.

David Goldsmith, just to expand on what I'm saying. When a user's email becomes invalid, why not put 'is down a crevasse until they update their email' under their user name? I take it an account does not become suspended the moment an email address becomes invalid?

With my suggestion, the joke remains intact, while the reason for the change in status is made clear. That way no one who doesn't know what 'down a crevasse' means will not suddenly find their account has been closed.

Could you how explain the meaning of your rather pointed remark?

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 26-08-06 10:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
well indeed! Why should anyone know that "down a crevasse" means "your e-mail address is no longer valid"?

Of course, the same goes for "snowHead" and "hors piste" etc. A little mystery here and there is fun surely? To make everything totally obvious would be boring Wink The answers are all out there in snowHeadland somewhere - though I confess, forget myself where some of the answers are sometimes Laughing

But, fair enough - since it means so much to so many - try cursoring over the rank Wink
As a token gesture I shall place myself 'down a crevasse' temporarily to demonstrate snowHead
snow conditions
Err, what's it meant to do when I cursor it?
ski holidays
comes up with an explanatory box. doesn't it work for you?
ski holidays
admin, can you make a similar thing happen when you cursor over someone's name? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy