Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who remains a member of the Ski Club of GB?

Poster: A snowHead
Alan, nope, but it changes to an "I".
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yer see admin, you give yourself a floating tip box and now everyone wants one wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin, not in Safari on a Mac Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, it does in Safari on my Mac (X.4) Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, not in X3.9 Puzzled
edit . . . now it does but with a 3 second delay.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It works now on IE 6.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have enough trouble with the smilies, mostly they don't move at tall, butlast night they were jumping about all over the place. Tonight all still and quiet again.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin , thanks for the explanation about the crevasse.
Quote:
The answers are all out there in snowHeadland somewhere

Somehow, someone saying that is quite scarey .....
(Now, be honest. Beck could not possibly be a real person. Could he/she?Members of the SKGB, help me out here rolling eyes )
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Maggi
Beck could not possibly be a real person

Not a real person - Maggi, are you suggesting that he/she is a ggoglebot or some other form of artificial intelligence - a scary thought Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, maybe he really meant sno'dland?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro,
Quote:

some other form of artificial intelligence

Well, I'd leave out the intelligence bit but - come on - someone must have invented this character to dissuade people from joining the club Laughing .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why do we care so much?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maggi, well you'd have thought so! But funnily enough there's two characters on the SCGB forum that post in exactly the same manner - one of the reasons why so few members post on the forum there these days I believe. Perhaps that's the intention??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Goldsmith, I never used the forum but the repping service is of great value.
The Club them selves have been said by a couple of resort managers and marketing director is run more like a company.
The reps do not get paid. Their expenses have been cut. The Club stopped the reps offering members a welcome drinks party.

So the membership may be worth it. Only if you value the magazines and reps service.

The discounts are achievable on line anyway.

The ski club holidays are so over priced it is almost like buying bling jewelery. (flashy over priced and just done for show).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wahey! As of Monday I will no longer be!! Toofy Grin I've broken free....... Very Happy
latest report
I thought membership lasted till November.

It seems pretty good value to me. I do value the mag and the reps. Members are fine too. Even the ones that got complained about in the forum are very civilised if you meet them at the AGM.

I really missed out Eaton Square though. I reckon I could have made great use of that.
snow report
Latchigo,
Quote:

I really missed out Eaton Square though.

Yep there was no point in being a member once the club moved South Sad
snow conditions
With the discounts you used to get it used to be worthwhile. But Ski Independence no longer give 10% discount. Snow & Rock used to to do 2 for 1 ski servicing which they don't any more etc etc. You can get discounts on hols booking online and you can ski with the rep for a day if not a member. Not really worth £81 anymore for us.

Renewal date for membership is 1 October. Or at least mine is!

boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
cathy, I was under the impression that a non-member could ski with a rep for one day, to see if they liked it, not one day a year as an entittlement. So once you've skied with one, that's your lot, iirc.
snow conditions
Tim Brown, I was thinking more of a day each hols never mind each year! Toofy Grin Normally when we've been out with a rep, they are really really really keen to have people ski with them - it looks really bad for them from the point of view of the resort if they have hardly any people skiing with them, bearing in mind the level of support from the resort to host them (obviously varying from resort to resort). I haven't heard anyone being quizzed as to whether they've ever skied with a rep before and if so, that's their quota! No skin off our back if so anyway - although useful, it doesn't form a determing factor in our holidays. Have you ever skied with a rep?
snow conditions
Tim Brown wrote:
cathy, I was under the impression that a non-member could ski with a rep for one day, to see if they liked it, not one day a year as an entittlement. So once you've skied with one, that's your lot, iirc.

I don't think the Ski Club would necessarily be aware if you had skied with a rep before, though I would love see the rep pause before telling people 'The computer says ''No'' '.
ski holidays
BUMP
My daughter is thinking of joining the SCGB. (Dont ask rolling eyes) I heard a story that if you could find the rep in a resort you could join with her and get 18 months membership for the price of 12. Does anybody know if this is still applicable? If so where's the best place to find the rep in La Plagne.
snow report
Find your Ski Club rep
First day meeting place: Sunday mornings at 9.45am. Bottom of the Arpette lift (Bellecôte)
Social hour: 6 - 7pm, Matafan Bar, Belle Plagne
Social hour contact: +33 479 09 09 19
Rep's mobile phone: +44 7509 048 496
For more information: 0845 45 807 83 or reps@skiclub.co.uk
snow conditions
Latchigo, Thanks for the swift response, do you know if the 18 for the price of 12 still applies?
ski holidays
I do not know. It used to be two years if you joined in the resort.
ski holidays
Any of you reps that are also snowHeads care to put us right on this one?
snow report
Maybe a member could ask the question on their chatroom for me and report back here? Confused
ski holidays
I'm a member. Joined in 1980 and have been with them ever since.

Nice mag but I use the Club mainly to ski with a rep or, failing that, just to meet up with like minded skiers when I arrive at a resort.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
BUMP
My daughter is thinking of joining the SCGB. (Dont ask rolling eyes) I heard a story that if you could find the rep in a resort you could join with her and get 18 months membership for the price of 12. Does anybody know if this is still applicable? If so where's the best place to find the rep in La Plagne.

The deal is as follows: if the rep signs you up, you are a member for the remainder of that season plus all of the next season - IIRC the membership year-end is September or October, so if you join up in December you get two full ski seasons and almost two years for the price of one.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy