Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need , Watchya Getting

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to buy my first pair of ski boots - just need to figure out the best time to buy them!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got a bargain in summer on A pair of Atomic Alibis as a do it all ski!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fixx wrote:
Need:
- new boots (liners packed out, shells are ok but they are beginner boots and I need something more aggressive/stiffer)
- new socks (destroyed all my good ones by the end of last season!)
- new helmet
- Edit: and ski poles! Bent one last winter, couldn't bend it back, so chucked the pair at the end of the season (they were old and cheap, and I had limited luggage space). Want adjustable ones with removable baskets...

Want:
- a new pair of skis Smile I know which ones, but will still pop along to any local ski tests Wink
- new touring bindings and all skis quiverkilled
- skins, to be decided which (all?!) pairs of skis...

Getting:
All the needs, wants will depend how much time I can get off over the winter to use them!

Oh dear, I appear to have spent quite a lot of money Embarassed Twisted Evil

2 new pairs of skis - La Fabrique du Ski Tout est Permis, and Scott Lunas (just a new version of my fave pair that's been through the wars, bought mostly with Amazon vouchers)
1 new pair of bindings - Radical 2.0 ST, and 3 pairs of skis quiverkillered for them - all from Jon at the Piste Office
1 new pair of boots - Scott Cosmos II, from Solutions 4 Feet
and of course some new socks Smile on sale at Edge & Wax!

Oh, and 2 pairs of skins for the smaller skis, and new ski poles from a mate in Geneva Razz

Tested the boots and bindings our tonight with the Scott Lunas at Chill Factore - took a few runs for me to relax and ski properly, but it's a great set-up. I can feel the benefits of the stiffer kit already (old boots were 75 flex, now on 120 Shocked, and soft Marker Squire bindings to pin bindings!), lots of potential Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Loving the graphic s on the Luna's which seem to be one of the only pairs that Mrs M ever liked that I got her!
How do you like the Down 6s - I ve got a pair I m trying to sell , not sure about the mount point but wondering if I should presevere... La fabrique etc I shall have to look up, sounds intriguing!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, those are my favourite Luna graphics! My first pair were the 2012/13 version, those are last years (got them cheap over summer, yay - I don't like the graphics for this season). The Lunas are great skis - I have complete confidence in them in everything, was a bit of a no brainer for me to get a second pair while they are still being made. Plan is they'll be my main touring ski, as I know I can deal with any snow on them (and every guide who has seen me on them immediately thinks they'd be a great touring ski). I have skins for the middle skis too, for the deeper snow days - I'll see how I get on Smile

The Down 6's I've had for a couple of years now - really like them in deeper, fresh snow! When I first had them mounted (Marker Squires) it was done by the Sole bootlab guys in Chamonix, who ignored the marked mounting points, had a chat with me about how I ski, used a roller to find the centre, and worked from there - so no problems Smile Radicals fitted this time by @spyderjon, so I'm sure the mount point will still be fine. Might be worth having a chat with a proper tech about the mounting point and seeing if it is right?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nice Downs,

Ive gone for a new set of Titans and Dot 108CL's fr skis this year

Clothing wise a few Ortovox mid layers (thanks Tim), Ortovox Col Becchei jacket and the Ortovox Guardian shell jacket and pants.

So £2400 and theres still no snow.............. wish it would bloody hurry up Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fixx wrote:
Yep, those are my favourite Luna graphics! My first pair were the 2012/13 version, those are last years (got them cheap over summer, yay - I don't like the graphics for this season). The Lunas are great skis - I have complete confidence in them in everything, was a bit of a no brainer for me to get a second pair while they are still being made. Plan is they'll be my main touring ski, as I know I can deal with any snow on them (and every guide who has seen me on them immediately thinks they'd be a great touring ski). I have skins for the middle skis too, for the deeper snow days - I'll see how I get on Smile

The Down 6's I've had for a couple of years now - really like them in deeper, fresh snow! When I first had them mounted (Marker Squires) it was done by the Sole bootlab guys in Chamonix, who ignored the marked mounting points, had a chat with me about how I ski, used a roller to find the centre, and worked from there - so no problems Smile Radicals fitted this time by @spyderjon, so I'm sure the mount point will still be fine. Might be worth having a chat with a proper tech about the mounting point and seeing if it is right?

I ll ask Jon what he mounted yours at if I may and see if its widely different from mine. I ve got a few *cough* things up with him at the the mo...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mishmash wrote:

I ll ask Jon what he mounted yours at if I may and see if its widely different from mine. I ve got a few *cough* things up with him at the the mo...

Go for it! I'm a girl (even though, yes, those are technically men's ski boots NehNeh), so probably a slightly different mounting point to you though Smile

Jon did have a rather large and lovely collection of skis last time I was up - I'm guessing mostly snowheads! Always cool to ogle other people's kit, even if you don't know who it's for Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fixx wrote:

Jon did have a rather large and lovely collection of skis last time I was up - I'm guessing mostly snowheads! Always cool to ogle other people's kit, even if you don't know who it's for Toofy Grin

He has my two pairs sitting there waiting for collection snowHead Did you see them?

I need to find a day to go down snowHead

fixx yours look great Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sarah, which were yours? I've got a monthly pass to Chill Factore for November btw, to break in the new boots and get used to the skis/bindings – let me know if you're around any time!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@fixx, two sets of lovely fantastic Dynastars Toofy Grin I ordered the Cham 2.0 97 the girls ones, and also a new piste ski the Elite 11.

I'm around a bit, let me know when you're going Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sarah, aha, I might have seen them then! Very jealous of the Cham 2.0, I loved those skis!

Will pm you with dates Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
fixx wrote:
mishmash wrote:

Go for it! I'm a girl (even though, yes, those are technically men's ski boots NehNeh), so probably a slightly different mounting point to you though Smile

Hopefully he hasn't hocked mine yet - I think he 's got 7 pairs ( 1 pair are Mrs MishMash's, the DPS Nina's....) in his shop right now Shocked ....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a good deal on bigwoodski.com huck 180 powder skis, should prob get some skins for those.
Also looking at a new helmet maybe OSBE or similar, want to try the visor approach.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Anyone with a 38" waist needing some excellent ski trousers should have a look at these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151866956205

They are obviously Mountain Equipment Liskamm Pants which are highly regarded.

No connection other than I have a pair of these - with a smaller waist!
snow report
I need new socks. All mine have vanished to the sock fairy over the last couple of years. Also desperate for new gloves, but I love mine so much I'm sure another gaffa tape fix won't hurt!
snow conditions
Absolutely nothing. Although I did pick up a new down hoody and hagloffs hard shell from sports pursuit in September. Oh and just got a fenix 2 GPS watch for my birthday (also sports pursuit bargain).
got sorted with new boots, skis, beacon, ABS last season so hoping to avoid all of that
ski holidays
My new board is arriving from America in a couple of days....fingers crossed. I tended to buy a new board every year.....I was such a sucker for the hype!!

Had my present board for 6 years and love it, but rode a demo in Winter Park last year. Within 1 run I wanted one. Had to wait until I got home as each board is built to order.

They are a Small company called Gilson Boards and they have some interesting tech in their boards......looking forwards to this seasons riding on my shiny new plank.
ski holidays
Needs... Hmmm, nowt really, had a really good couple of off season spend ups the last 2 years so ready to go...
However, I have got a brand spanking pair of Blizzard Latigos to play with that arrived a myth or 2 back. Also new set of skins compression tights. And an Ortovox Merino long sleeve zip neck fleece. And a new barts beanie. And I would dearly like a new pair of Hestra ski cross gloves in sand, if I could get them...

Oh dear, it all went wrong again.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
new liners!

Thats pretty much it for me.

The lad needs proper slalom skis (club training) + twin tips for free-skiing...will pick those up at this weekends club ski swap Happy
ski holidays
New gloves.

I'm so excited Sad
latest report
@Mosha Marc, new gear is new gear!
Scored some BD gloves for £30 a few days ago from Nevis Sport... Looking at a pair of Hestras for colder days tho...

New poles and a head torch is all that is outstanding for me...
latest report
@haigie, I know that really, I'm just trying hard not to blow more on Avi Packs and a Dynafit boot/binding combo wink
ski holidays
I don't need anything neither do I want anything.

My Atomic Hawx's are 6 years old now and still usable although the custom foam liners are getting near the end of their lives. However, there's no point in messing around with them this year because it seems that next year there will be some very light hi tech composite boots coming out from Atomic and that'll be the time to start again. CEM will again have to "muck around" with the heels on the new boots to make them play nicely with the Marker bindings on my Volkl Code Speedwall S UVOs wink
latest report
Needs - new boots, some bindings for new Faction Royales (purchased) and possibly skins depending on bindings chosen. An old cheap pair of park skis.

Not needed but bought, Armada Jacket and Trousers.
ski holidays
Made the mistake of trying on some Salomon X pro 100 boots the other day and may now need a pair as even out the box they fitted me so much better than my existing boots, hmmm (I know I need them fitted by a decent boot fitter etc and was with a boot fitter at the time)
ski holidays
@Kamikaze Pete, How heavy are you?! 100 are pretty soft....
latest report
@PaulC1984, maybe you make a good point, I am 80kg ish
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I NEED a need helmet as my old one is well past it, but just cant decide what to get. Would like a new pair of skis and have chatted to Jon at The Piste Office but need to sort out the cash
snow report
Well i appear to have bought an ABS pack from Weathercam Smile
snow conditions
I've been far too busy spending this summer. For next winter I have a complete new quiver, Whitedot Director Carbons, Fischer Progressor 900 PRs, and a touring set up Mustagh Ata 178cm lightweight skis with ST Vertical bindings and Black Diamond Method boots. Good job I'll get about 100 days in to play with them all (as well as my old Line Prophet 98s) Very Happy New Oakley goretex pants on the way too as all my old ones are now too big Happy Oh and my new (to me) apartment too Smile
ski holidays
Need some new gloves after leaving mine on a wall (I think) in La Plagne back in March. They were quite a nice pair of Salomon gloves with leather palms so still pretty gutted that I lost them. Will probably replace them with a similar set or mittens in the same style.

Also looking for a spare set of goggles to use in really flat light, my current ones can be a bit of a pain.
latest report
@SnoodyMcFlude, orthovox freeride mittens currently £50 on sportpursuit
ski holidays
I appear to have ordered a third new pair of skis last night Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Toofy Grin
latest report
@sarah, which ones this time? Did you get the Dynastars you demoed?

My mum just asked me what I want for Christmas. A pair of skis is too extravagant, so she's going to find it hilarious if I tell her I need a shovel and a probe (I have so far dressed this up as "safety gear") wink
ski holidays
@Scarlet, yes I got the Cham 97 that I demoed plus a Dynastar Elite as my piste ski, didn't demo but I know it will be great. Now just ordered a last season's Cham Alti as my tele ski!! I really am a Dynastar girl Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Scarlet, everyone keeps laughing at me for being so excited about my "metal stick" and "spade" rolling eyes Laughing

I need my GF to see this thread, might help me justify getting a third pair of skis.
latest report
haigie wrote:
@Scarlet, everyone keeps laughing at me for being so excited about my "metal stick" and "spade" rolling eyes Laughing

I need my GF to see this thread, might help me justify getting a third pair of skis.

That will never happen, she will never understand.

After 6 years of marriage my OH has learnt just to tolerate and don't ask (if she does ill just ramble on Happy )

3 pairs of skis is just light weight I'm afraid! Happy
snow report
..that glorious touring set up... Embarassed
ski holidays
I really feel a new thread coming on here.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy