Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family ski - Jan / March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, so it's that time of year again ... planning the ski trip. Very Happy

so... 1 skier (1 week), 2 boarders (one beginner, one advanced - at least decent off-piste is essential) + 1x18 month old.
to keep cost down will probably try somehwere in Austria or Italy (been to France a lot lately) and finding it expensive. or maybe even Bulgaria or Pyrenees.

also, we dont mind self-catering and organising everything ourselves (though would consider a package if it's a good deal). also possibly driving down, as we really like having a car in resort.

so, that's the wish list. dear snowHead genies: any suggestions of resorts??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh - should add (though was in title): last week of Jan or (more likely) early March

cheers
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SooperSlyder, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead If you want to go early March it would certainly be best to avoid France - still their main school holidays. Others will be able to advise on Italy and Austria.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bump.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oops. overexcitable mousefinger. meant to say i'd be interested as well.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SooperSlyder, 'fraid it's france but try http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/ no connection but been a happy repeat customer.

Ski area is fantastic, as is the child care.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.kappl.com/en-skiing-holiday-paznaun.htm Kappl has a really good ski area with great links to Ischgl/Galtur/Samnuaun. One of Austria's best family resorts. Huge creche area up hill, which means you can meet up with your kiddie at lunch etc. Very good value. Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis also has great rep for families but quite a bit more expensive than Kappl
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks boabski. I have just called Kappl tourist info and am happy I did so - apparently there are NO facilities for children under 3 years (i.e. look after them yourself or - not sure how easy this will be - arrange your own nanny).

Childcare for the over 3yo is very well-priced though. +/- EUR12 / day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SooperSlyder, Didn't realise (as my kids are well past that stage now). If you've got loads of money to burn you can get free childcare for any kid over 18 months if you stay at any of the hotels in Oberlech - would cost the price of a small car to get there though (but worth it wink ) Some of the hotels may have creches in Kappl but would all be German speaking, which might not be the best experience for an 18 month old
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had an 18 month old grand-daughter last Christmas. Solution to childcare was to leave her in the apartment with grandpa, where she had a super time emptying all the little muesli bars and choc bars out of their basket and putting them back. endlessly. Cost was zero; she never did realise that they were edible. Next Christmas we shall have a 10 month old and plan the same child care routine. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you considered Slovenia, I went to Bovec last year with Hucksterslodge and it would suit your requirements, suitable for skiers & boarders with plenty of off piste skiing. Not sure if they can accommodate childcare but worth asking. Possibly will sort out a nanny for you. I can recommend them as I found them exceptional value for money and you can choose self catering or catered chalet. Last year a new cable car link opened between the Slovenian side and the Italian resort the opposite side of the mountain so has increased the ski area dramatically without having to drive around to the other side. The Slovenian side is also great value and eating on the piste is not at all expensive and the food is good.

Happy skiing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowbeanie, 2 posts both pimping Huckster Lodge - is there something you are not telling us by any chance? wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SooperSlyder,
If you are interested in Bulgaria as a cheaper option we'll be happy to give you some information. We have a couple of chalets in Bansko and the resort is great for beginners, in March the off-piste is usually excellent and we can organise childcare for you with no problem at all. Just pm if you would like any info! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy