Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA Flights to Chambery starting this winter

Poster: A snowHead
BA CityFlyer will run a new route between London City and Chambery this Winter.

British Airways new route launch: London City - Chambery (CMF) gateway to French Alps (18 Dec - end of March '11) Fares fr £59 e/w (incl taxes,fees & charges)...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
full of shitty staff on low wages and no expenses no doubt.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And since when did the ski season stop at the end of March?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
weekends only or a daily service
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
London City – Chambery

Monday: depart 1050; arrive 1325
Friday: depart 0700; arrive 0935
Saturday: depart 0640 arrive 0915
Sunday: depart 1435; arrive 1710
(all times local)

Chambery – London City

Monday: depart 1410; arrive 1445
Tuesday: depart 1020; arrive 1055
Saturday: depart 1000; arrive 1035
Sunday:depart 1800; arrive 1935
(all times local)

http://www.ski-i.com/blog/2010/08/new-ba-route-london-city-chambery/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I predict, I predict, a lot of these flight will leave from Geneva diverted due to fog in Chambery. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or Lyon, more likely.

Some of those times look odd. Depart Chambery 1800 arrive 1935 into London City? Must be a roundabout route. And why do some of the outward flights take so much longer than others?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm, I wonder how many British Airways pilots have got their qualifications to land at Chambery Toofy Grin
(Chambery is one of a few Airports that a pilot has to be specifically qualified to land at.)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, ??? They are all 1 hr 35 mins ( I think) , apart from the last one which I assume is a misprint
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fog at CMF tends to affect the early morning flights. BA always said they wouldnt fly to CMF as it would effect their reliability ratings to much. Guess it's the economic pressure.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LCY is a great airport. You can see how this schedule fits for the City bankers weekends...

They will be using RJ100s I suspect given the runway length at LCY - and those planes I think have lower minima for getting in and out of chambery than bigger planes. I have certainly got out of Chamberry on them on planes getting in when Boeings were going to Lyon.

Very interesting - I may use this given the chance.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother wrote:
LCY is a great airport. You can see how this schedule fits for the City bankers weekends...

if that was the market they'd have departures at 7pm-ish on thurs and fri, along with later returns on Sunday
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, Point taken - but they work quite well for longer weekends, with 4 days on the snow, and 1800 from Chamberry might allow you to be on the slopes till 1500... autoroute permitting.

The Tuesday and Friday sectors don't connect...wonder if we could borrow the plane for free for Tuesday out and sunday back...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How do they get an outbound from Cham on a Tuesday without a corresponding inbound ?? Magic.
latest report
Well, all I can say is the more choice there is on the scheduled airlines the better...

I must say that we are quite spoilt for the Alps and even pretty last minute one can get pretty good deals!

So let's not start knocking the airlines especially in these hard times for them!

And... Flying from LCY is definately a bonus... no 2 hour minimum check in time etc... Hence overall trip is shorter!
latest report
Yes, it looks like the times quoted above are incorrect:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4903194/

Quote:
The flight will operate as follows:

London City to Chambery

BA8741 LCY 06:40 CMF 09:15 E90 _ _ _ _ _ 6 _
BA8741 LCY 07:00 CMF 09:35 E90 _ _ _ _ 5 _ _
BA8741 LCY 10:50 CMF 13:25 E90 1 _ _ _ _ _ _
BA8741 LCY 14:35 CMF 17:10 E90 _ _ _ _ _ _ 7

Chambery to London City

BA8742 CMF 10:00 LCY 10:35 E90 _ _ _ _ _ 6 _
BA8742 CMF 10:20 LCY 10:55 E90 _ _ _ _ 5 _ _
BA8742 CMF 14:10 LCY 14:55 E90 1 _ _ _ _ _ _
BA8742 CMF 18:00 LCY 18:35 E90 _ _ _ _ _ _ 7

Now that makes more sense.
ski holidays
altis, thanks. What does E90 mean?
snow report
Dubaian, Aircraft type Embraer ERJ-190 (E90)
ski holidays
radar, wow. I am impressed that plane like that can fly out of City. Quite a service.
latest report
If you are amazed then BA in fact also can fly a version of the A318 into LCY: http://www.lcy.co.uk/AboutUs/ViewRelease.aspx?id=1150
latest report
achilles, they also use the 170 as well depending on the route and no I'm not a plane spotter!
ski holidays
radar, well I hope you're not a bloody speed trap.
snow report
Googled E90 and got this

Did some one say that ther eis a lake at Chambery Puzzled
latest report
Yup there is... so as you can see... the plane is safe! Laughing
snow conditions
michaelminhatkinson wrote:
Yup there is... so as you can see... the plane is safe! Laughing

Indeed, and for once the people at the back of the plane got out first. That must have made a pleasant change.
latest report
laundryman, more MASH
latest report
Considering this route to meet up with some old seasonairre buddys but when going through proccedure it gives no option for skis/board. I'll give them a call when I've got a chance, in the meantime any booked this route with 'sports equipment'?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy