Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski plus experience/advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm new on here and am looking for any advice/opinions on booking a ski trip for the first week of january next year. The crystal ski plus deals seem to be very hassle free in terms of only paying once and getting everything included so im going to be picking one of their holidays unless anyone can suggest a much better alternative package for under £500.

My main questions really are just asking if anyone did the ski plus deals (or knows someone who did) last year and what they thought of them, specifically the level of skis you get in the package and whether the lift pass was the full lift pass for the area or a special deal that crystal has put together with the resort operator to offer limited skiing on a smaller selection of the piste? I've no idea if crystal would be able to do this but it wouldn't surprise me if a tour operator was able to do that sort of thing.

Thanks for any advice
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
While I don't know the details of the Crystal Ski+ deals, there aren't generally ski passes which are different for TOs than those available to the general public.

It depends on the area whether there are passes hat only cover a "local" area plus ones which cover a larger area, and in cases where there are both, it wouldn't surprise me if the pass in the deal only covers the local area. But they should say, and if they normally only sell one lift pass type in a particular resort, then that should be the one you get on this deal.

Skis are likely to be the most basic ones, because these deals are mainly aimed at beginners.

I use Crystal regularly, but never book this type of deal because I have my own skis. I also like to get in an hour or two on arrival day if time permits, and that usually works out best if I buy my lift pass at the ticket office.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi gizmo118
The lift pass with the package should cover the whole ressort, but if the resort is linked with a much larger area I would agree with the last post and say it would be good to check. in relation to skis, I know from the resort in which I live crystal only pay around 21 euros per package to the hire shop (they charge over 100) and the hire company does give out absolute crap. crystal was working with another hire shop that gave out ok equip, but when re-negotiating the deal the old company would not take it from behind and go down to 21 euros a set. in resort add ons such as ski hire lift pass and ski school are the only way these companys make money now. this means when crystal on pay such little amounts for the products, the suppliers are forced to only give the bear minimum in return. however it will be different from resort to resort, you may get lucky and go to a resort where the ski hire shop has just brought all new gear (but you would be lucky) and also you can pay the cheap price for the holidays which is very good and then just pay an upgrade for the ski pack. hope that has helped.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use Crystal regularly and I would say have a good look through their website and be prepared to price up several alternatives as well as the plus package offerings. I've found in the past that the plus packages aren't quite what I want (always based on full occupancy, sometimes restricted lift passes, etc.) and the total cost of a more suitable trip is often not that different. If you're thinking of first week of January and assuming you're not part of a large group or a solo traveller, you might be advised to wait until nearer the time as they are usually some deals to be had. Having said that, sign up to their email bulletins and you'll be notified of any offers. I have booked two trips with them for next season taking advantage of their 2 for 1 lift pass offer. That offer has now expired but there are bound to be more.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the ansers guys
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
gizmo118, we did Flaine last year on the + package and were very happy with the coverage of the passes which were for the whole area and not flaine limited. We used the bagagge option and took our own skis so cant comment on the ski packages personally but one of the guys I work with did and he was happy with the entire + package
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gizmo118, welcome to snowheads. snowHead How many in your group, and how focussed are you on a particular resort? As queen bodecia says, it could be well worth waiting for a last minute bargain, as the first week of January is about the deadest of dead time in most resorts (and therefore a great time to ski!). Also, the point alex_heney makes about full occupation is worth looking at carefully - if you're happy to have people sleeping on a sofa bed in the living room, no problem. Depends how friendly everybody is and what kind of night life they have in mind. , wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy