Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, I was hoping to do a season in whistler this year although due to funding i wont be able to make it that far this year and so I will be returning to meribel in the 3 valleys (amazing place to ski I know, but canada is a calling!). Thus I am determined to go to whistler the following year and was looking for some advice from anyone that has done a season there in relation to jobs, accomodation (up the mountain, down), best company for visas etc? And from anyone else that has been there please tell me who you flew with, pros and cons? which is the cheapest airline? which is the most accomodating for skiers? insurance? anything else i would need to do a season there bar some massive skis and my love for skiing Smile! cheers for any input
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I flew with zoom. Pros: cheap, Cons: went bust

Super helpful response i know. Think Canadian affair, air transat and thompson were the next cheapest.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bunac - work Canada for visas. Apply well in Advance. They will probably be released for 2011/12 season in December 2010.
See you out there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just did the 10/11 season out there, best 7 months of my life. Definately plan to go back as soon as possible.
I flew with Air Transat, they were the cheapest I could find but I ended up paying about £180 for excess baggage on the way out (sent it home DHL on the way back)

Depends on your budget as far as accommodation is concerned. The village is expensive - expect to pay around $1200-1500/month for accommodation there. I stayed a 10 minute bus ride out of the village in a place called Alpine Meadows and payed $750/month for a shared room. Worked out pretty well for me.

When I go back I will stay in Alpine again or move to Creekside. I found that those two areas seemed to have the most young people, and the most parties.

If you are working for the mountain, look into staying in the staff accommodation.

Work wise.. This was the bit I found the hardest. I ended up working in one of the nightclubs for a few months and the rest I was unemployed - half out of choice.
Whistler is expensive and, unless you have ALOT of experience, jobs don't pay too well.

If you have anymore questions PM me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed a 10 minute bus ride out of the village in a place called Alpine Meadows and payed $750/month for a shared room. Worked out pretty w
[/quote]

where abouts did you stay on alpine? might have lived with u.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skibum22 wrote:
payed $750/month for a shared room.

lol Sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
where abouts did you stay on alpine? might have lived with u.[/quote]

Alan? I stayed in Brad's other house.. 8297.

Rob.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Southside Lodge in Creekside for basic accommodation. Think it was around CAD 50/night over New Year. Close to the gondola, shops, etc. Don't worry about not being in Whistler Village - the lift and bus links are pretty good. Great diner under the Lodge. Nice crowd, kitchen well-equipped. Also check flights into Seattle rather than Vancouver to get the price down - my flights were £200 cheaper into Seattle than the equivalent into Vancouver. Don't forget to factor in the extra coach trip from Seattle - Van, though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skibum22, haha quality, i just found this site..well handy. good lad, your going back for sure? im going back for 2011/12. You gonna do the same thing?

all the best mate, hope your well and that the acl can take another seasons damage x
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy