Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Wolfgang/Postalm/the other one?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked 4 nights in St Wolfgang early Jan, 2 experienced, 1 skier converting to boarding and 1 novice boarder. Including food (FB), passes and hire it comes in well under £400 which for a short break i thought was ok.
I'm fully aware Postalm is 30mins away and another resort is just short of an hour away both by bus. I'm wondering if taxis are an option at a reasonable price or if the bus is the better/only option?
Any tips on the town or resorts?
First time with TO (looking forward to not cooking) and to Austria, usually diy to France (cant speak German)!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
manicpb, Gosau is the resort about an hour away. I went there after about 4 weeks skiing and the area seemed unchallenging at the time. Postalm is very much easy blues and is very good for beginners.

Gosau has a bit more on offer for intermediates, but it's not an area for advanced. I don't know if there is anything challenging off piste, as I didn't do much of that back then.

When I was there it was a poor snow year and Postalm and Gosau were the only options, but the TO laid on buses for us every day, so it wasn't too much hassle, but not ideal.

The resorts are very low, but even in a poor snow year we had decent skiing in both Postalm and Gosau. One good reason for this is that the slopes are mostly on grass meadowland and this doesn't need as much snow cover as rocky terrain to provide decent skiing conditions.

St Wolfgang was very quiet, so don't expect a lively apres ski scene.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks geepee, quality of the ski areas was not a major issue. It's just a short break after the xmas period with some of the family taking in a new country.
Do the buses have to be booked or is it a case of just waiting at a stop?
Were the buses free with your TO?
The bus website I found was saying around 3euro (2nd class) or 6.50euro (1st class), whats the difference, surely a bus is a bus?
Early plans are Postalm day 1, Gosau day 2, Katrinalm day 3 spening the afternoon in Bad Ischl.
Is the lift for Katrinalm in the centre of Bad Ischl or is it another bus out?

Struggling to find info on Katrinalm, I know its only a 2 lift hill but as I said we hope to spend the afternoon in Bad Ischl few beers, maybe a spa, bit of shopping. Any info would be greatfully received (mainly how close is it to Bad Ischl).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
manicpb, The buses were provided free by our TO, but this was due to them moving us to St Wolfgang and providing buses as part of their snow guarantee. I can't remember where we were originally going. I can't help with the cost of buses or any of the other stuff.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
manicpb, The ST Wolfgang website says "these areas are accessible by free ski bus"

http://www.stwolfgang.at/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=113
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney wrote:
manicpb, The ST Wolfgang website says "these areas are accessible by free ski bus"

http://www.stwolfgang.at/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=113

So it does, and i've been on that website about 5 times!

Thanks alex_heney.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy