Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champagny en Vanoise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, can anyone offer any info on Champagny en Vanoise? I've seen an apartment there for a pretty good price for next year, but I don't want it to be like Brides les Bains or any of the other places that are a trek away from the slopes. Before I go ahead and book, thought I'd try and leverage some knowledge from you lot. So thanks in advance.

Ben
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure there will be other posters on soon, but Champagny is MUCH more convenient than BLB. Gondola takes you straight up in about 10 minutes, short ski down to Verdons Sud chair and then you are down into Plagne Centre. In good snow you can ski back down. Champagny is small but there are a couple of nice restaurants and bars. A lot of English seem to have apartments there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Callai, Loads of info and links in this thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53015
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, thanks for that, I'm a little too lazy to use the search function it would seem!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Super village with convenient access to large ski area possibly not the place to stay if you want to ski les arcs every day.if you have a car a day trip to 3v or pralongan in vanoise is not a hassel Have spent several hols at the club alpina which is an apparte hotel next to the ancholi and overlooks the lift station with plenty of convenient parking.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been there once and liked it - (actually I've liked everywhere I've been cos its in the mountains innit!)
Seem to remember it was pretty easy to get into the main domain... I think i was there late in season as I have a memory that it was worth staying in champagny area when the snow/slush was bad in la plagne...

Quiet place to stay - but there was definitely somewhere to have a drink on the way home from the slopes!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Callai, It is only 7 or 8 minutes in the gondola up to the main skiing area at 2000 metres. It is then an easy journey into Plagne Centre, Plagne Bellecote, Belle Plagne or up to Roche de Mio / Glacier de Bellecote. You have two red routes down into the village open for most of the season, alternatively you can just catch the gondola back down. It is only a 20 minutes drive to Courchevel Le Praz or La Tania for a trip out to the three valleys. It is not the liveliest of areas, if you are after a party town it is not the best place to visit, however it is a friendly place , ideal for couples or families. As Boredsurfing, mentioned you can find out more information on the previous thread. If you want any more local knowledge about where you plan to stay send me a pm and I can give you some advice.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saw this on line

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xeaced_la-tour-de-glace-de-champagny-en-et_sport
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy