Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Staying in Oz-en-Oisans - Need Advice on getting to Lessons in Alpe D'Huez!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am staying in Oz-en-Oisans in Feb 2010 and i am having to put my son in lessons in Alpe D'Huez.

I know they do lessons for children in Oz-en-Oisans but my son is only 3 1/2 and they only start lessons from 4 years old in Oz.

Can anyone give me advice on whether it is easy enough to get to the ESF children lessons in Aple D'huez and whether the gondala that goes in 2 stages to Alpe D'huez from Oz goes straight there?

I assume it does (or somewhere near) but i would like confirmation before i book the lessons.

Thanks for all your help!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is not possible to travel to Alpe d'Huez by gondola. Even if it were possible, this would be highly unconvenient.

Piste map:
http://www.alpedhuez.com/uploads/_alpedhuez/ani_fichiers/plan_pistes_alpe_d_huez.pdf
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not consider looking for a British Instructor? Check out masterclass skiing with Stuart Adamson - havent got his website to hand though. He is very experienced and may be able to help!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you would need to take the Poutran up to the top of the lift shown as 1ere Troncon on the map (everyone calls it the DMC though) then take that down to ADH. It's an easy green run down to the village for an adult but possibly not for a 3 yr old who is new to skis!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for your help! Looks like i will be putting him the creche at Oz!!

I will see if i can convince them to let him try the skiing!!

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

It is not possible to travel to Alpe d'Huez by gondola

Yes it is. Up the two stages ot the Poutran gondola then down the DMC 1er troncon. Alternatively, once kiddy is capable you could ski with him down Les Jeux to the meeting point. Check lift opening times and lesson start before you book anything, though - I'd leave a good half an hour to get from Oz to the ski school meeting point with a titchy anklebiter.

Masterclass is based in Alpe d'Huez, meets at the Lac Blanc restaurant at the bottom of the DMC, so no more practical than the ESF really.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is quite a good magic carpet in the nursery area in Oz - good for both sledding and pootling. I wonder if you are considering spending two hours riding the godolas to ADH (? I remember the poutran is quite long and fairly slow), you could spend your time pootling with your 3 year old there (worked for my 2 & 4 year old - hour and a 1/2 is plenty usually at that age?) before/after creche?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wildsmith, two hours? What did you do, go via Vaujany? Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all your help.

I am going to enrol him in a nursery in Oz and ski with him in the afternoon.

Thanks for the advice - really helped. Glad i asked before i booked the course in ADH!!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a lot of good things to say about ADH, the time spent travellling on lfts is not one of them. You've made the right desicion in the nursery davealston25!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy