Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg d'Oisans in August

Poster: A snowHead
Already have a list of things "to do" lined up, including of course a few TdF climbs, but any other suggestions for must sees gratefully received.

FWIW will be with mes enfants (9,9,7) so masses of culture won't be well received Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Set the sprogs on some of the more grumpy anglophone residents and see if they get a blog feature wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard lives there and ought to be able to help. Grenoble is worth a visit, there's a chateau between Grenoble and Bourg (haven't been myself). Glacier skiing in L2A.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Your kids will probably enjoy the "Go-Ape" type climbing thing, which I think is in the park at Venosc.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are a couple of Via Ferrattas (Ferrattae??) between Venosc and St Christophe that might be worth a look.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Set the sprogs on some of the more grumpy anglophone residents and see if they get a blog feature wink

I have my list of what annoys and will be sending them to the supermarket Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris, try the lift pass office instead. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In/around Bourg you can:
- walk (see tourist office for local walking guides)
- bike (eg nice route to Allemont, bike hire in town)
- swim (pool with flumes and picnic area)
- canoe through the middle of town (v easy, good for kids that age)
- do the bungy trampolines (also good for kids)
- eat pizza (Le Crepizza on the back road, don't bother with the Rive Gauche despite its riverside terrace because the owner is a grumpy old harridan)

If you want to get in the car you can:
- go to Alpe d'Huez (trip in cablecar, nice walks around the lakes)
- go to 2Alpes (more lifts, downhill biking, summer luge, mini golf, tennis, trampolines, archery, you name it. Try not to annoy the cashiers.)
- visit the Aventure Parc (ropes and zip lines in the trees, lots of fun - check whether kids are tall enough)
- go to the Lac de Laffrey (lake, beach, lizards, pedalos, another ropes-in-trees place)
- visit the Chateau at Vizille (chateau might be dull for anklebiters, but it park has deer, ducks, swans, huge fish. Take stale bread and a ball.)
- go to La Grave (more cablecars, but don't try to walk down from the top station. Nice walk to the refuge from midstation.)
- go whitewater rafting (Eaux Vives on the Veneon, suitable for kids)

There's more, but that sounds like enough for a week. If you're here on Sunday it's Vogue de St Laurent, which involves a float parade, confetti, the fire brigade squirting water at people and fireworks in the evening.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, Thank you

Certainly the Adventure Park and Lac sound like they will get a visit. Will also try pool in Bourg, although campsite has a nice pool as well
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris, Rencontre du Soleil, perchance?

If your kids aren't big enough for the Aventure Parc, the one at Laffrey was a bit less taxing, as I remember. Recommend the canoeing as well - did it a couple of times when my friend's son was younger, much fun had by all.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, yes indeed - there for 11 nights from Monday
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boris, you not going to ski then? Easily doable from that campsite and it is rather nice to go skiing in the morning and then relax in the sun by the pool in the afternoon Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toboggan run at AdH worked a treat for our two a few years back. Just make sure they know how to brake. Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, tempting

andyph, also on the list
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, we always eat at Rive Gauche on our way through, can't say we've ever had grumpy harridans serving us.
snow conditions
Take a drive / cycle down to La Berarde and do some walking from there. Epic scenery.

Day trip to Briancon
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
you not going to ski then? Easily doable from that campsite and it is rather nice to go skiing in the morning and then relax in the sun by the pool in the afternoon Very Happy

What's the summer skiing like there then? - Never heard of the place. So curious.
ski holidays
dsoutar, cycle to La Berarde with two children under 10? Are you mad? Laughing
latest report
Nick May, skiing is on the glacier at Les Deux Alpes. From memory (and that is a huge disclaimer as my memory is rubbish), it was about 30 mins from the camp-site to the town, then there was time to sort out gear and passes and the cable car up to the glacier. The skiable area is fairly large for that time of year (compared to other glaciers), but only greens or easy blues. Easiski gives regular updates on it throughout the year.

Others will be able to give you more detailed (or in fact - accurate) information as it was about 10 years ago that I did this.
snow conditions
The via ferrata in the Sarenne Gorge is amazing but I don't think I'd recommend it for under 10s. If you can get away for a couple of hours, rent the gear and give it a go.
ski holidays
Lizzard, three children under 10! So I guess that makes it even less attractive option
ski holidays
Boris, it's an utterly ridiculous idea. However, La Berarde and surroundings are beautiful, as is the drive up. There's an easy walk from Berarde to the Refuge Le Carrelet, lots to see, view of the glacier de Pilatte, would give the kids a taste of the high mountain thing. Drive, walk, picnic at refuge, walk back and drive home will make a good day out and knacker the anklebiters so you and wife can drink rosé on your emplacement in peace all evening.
snow conditions
Lizzard, Thank you will consider that. I'm pleased that the kids seem to have inherited my love of the mountains as they like the scenery when we ski, but the summer is a new experience for them.

I particularly like the Rose drinking plan
snow conditions
Boris, I recommend the Cote de Provence rosé the paler it is, the better it tastes.

Boris, try a rafting trip if they can all swim ,there will be a stretch of river somewhere that you can all do.
latest report
Nick May wrote:
Ray Zorro wrote:
you not going to ski then? Easily doable from that campsite and it is rather nice to go skiing in the morning and then relax in the sun by the pool in the afternoon Very Happy

What's the summer skiing like there then? - Never heard of the place. So curious.

Errrm, pretty much daily reports on here and longer + photos on my blog. Les Deux Alpes ????
ski holidays
Boris, a couple of URLs in the vicinity:
http://www.lacdusautet.com/tarifs.html
http://www.trainlamure.com/
snow conditions
Forecast looking a bit pants at moment Confused
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy