Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A Season in Warth - Schroecken, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
I thought my pass (the Salzburger Super Pass) was expensive at €510 for the season... but I think it is pretty good value now, looking at those prices! Especially as I think it has the most areas on it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a great pass too.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow, clarky999,

Looks like the Kitzbühel lifts have opted to stay with the Salzburgerland Super Pass. Now I'm in a real fix - which one to buy????? Puzzled

I ski both areas (Salzburgerland & Tyrol) a hell of a lot being that I'm right on the doorstep of both! Decisions decisions decisions rolling eyes

Maybe go for both? €520 for the Salzburger Superski Card, plus €608 for the Tyrol one and I'm set up for the whole season! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samerberg Sue, Kitz is on the Tirol Snow Card too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999, Not as far as I can see it isn't. I thought that Kirchberg (i.e into the Kitz system by Fleckalmbahn) was included then I looked and it is the KIRCHDORF lift system Crying or Very sad

Funny really as the SkiWelt (Wilderkaiser area is included) so it does cover my nearest big area. I'll be a very happy bunny if it is all included! Toofy Grin

Please prove me wrong some how wink

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Samerberg Sue,
Try here: http://www.snowcard.tirol.at/skigebiete.html?sg=49#49
Looks to me like Kitzbuehel is included.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Samerberg Sue, On SaraJ's link, there is a list of the resorts on the pass, bergbahnen kitzbuehel is 3rd
from the top. Fiss/Ladis, Mayrhofen and St Johann are also on there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
clarky999, SaraJ, Hmm does look that way now! On the list on the home page though Kitz is not listed, I wonder why? ven so it still leaves me with the dilemma as to which one to buy Laughing

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Which list isn't it on? I used it in Kitz last season, would seem rather strange to not have it on this years.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, Home page list on the left-hand side! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If I end up in Austria / Germany, then I'm going for the 3 Valley Pass - 390 euros - and the Allgau Gletscher Card - 452.50 euros

842.50 euros for almost 8 months of turns snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Samerberg Sue, it is on the home page list, but as Bergbahnen Kitzbuehel - were you looking straight at 'k?'

http://www.snowcard.tirol.at/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any ideas what the areas/resorts on the Grossglockner are like?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999, never been there myself, but Heiligenblut is said to be pretty decent. I'd be interested to hear from someone about that as well.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, Steilhang, What do you want to know about Heiligenblut guys?

Skied Heiligenblut but not the resorts lower down the valley i.e. Mallnitz. Unfortunately we haven't got round to doing an ascent of the Grossglockner and ski down yet but maybe one day...

There is some awesome steep terrain and plenty of scope for touring and off piste. Lots of vertical. Trees. Spectacular scenery. Only downside can be the wind as it is high and exposed in places. We had deep snow in the January but it was pretty blown. If you are staying on the piste, it has some good steep runs and long reds back to the village.

Visited in 2004 and they had the most bizzare bubble lift that I've ever been in. There was an 'underground' gondola (bit like a ghost train!) which gave access to one of the ski areas. Might check the pistemap and see if it is still around?!

All in all, a fun, lesser known ski area which I'd go back to.
latest report
juliad, have you got any more info on the offpiste options? Just noticed it was on the lift pass, and thought that being the highest mountain in Austria it might have some interesting terrain.
latest report
The Heiligenblut lift served ski area is not actually located on the Grossglockner or the glacier but you can ski tour over to these areas. There are some pretty extreme tours, one being to climb the Grossglockner and then ski down! I think it is recommended to do at the end of the season? I'd love to try it at some point.

There is plenty of lift served off piste available, and it is high and snow sure but prone to wind. We had a guide and spent a couple of days playing in deep snow without needing to skin. It was great fun and Engelbert (a real rugged mountain man who lived with his alsatian avalanche rescue dog, 1km from the nearest road) our guide managed to find some nice snow, despite there being a lot of blown snow around. I don't think he spoke English but the majority of our group were german speakers anyway.

Anton (Toni) Sauper is another guide (he speaks good English) and also owns a fantastic old hotel and riding stables (the Schlosswirt) in the village of Döllach which is a few kilometres down the road.

http://www.skiheiligenblut.at/de/4/05-2788120/skigebiet/freeride_arena.html

http://www.grossglockner-bergfuehrer.at/site/start.php?sid=&sub_site=4
latest report
Sounds intriguing, cheers for the info - may have to get around to skiing there this winter...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy