Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations on where to go and stay

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, me and about 10 other lads all aged 24-25 are looking for a 7 night trip, some of us don't have any experience at all while others have allot.

We are aiming to go around mid-end of January and were thinking of going to Andorra since it seems to be a good place for night life, looking to spend about 300-400 per head not including lift passes and equipment hire.

Any suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try Les Deux Alpes!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kit, Welcome to snowHead 's.
Try Morzine, it's good for mixed ability groups. It's a working town, not a custom built ski resort, so has a great atmosphere.
S/c, B&B, chalet board all available in the area.
Admit we are slightly biased as we live here Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kit, DallyPaul, I'm not biased wink and I would suggest Morzine Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kit, I'd recommend Meribel if you can get the right deal, great for nightlife and the skiing is amazing. I have to admit I'm not a fan of Andorra and its not as cheap as it used to be, so the value for money thing has gone out of the window.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah were kind of looking for the Ibiza of ski resorts if that makes sense! Very Happy

Most of the resorts even Arinsal/Pas de la Casa seem very small... i'll have a look at Morzine/Meribel now Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kit, Morzine has a good nightlife but I wouldn't describe it as an Ibiza.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Meribel has great night life but it’s very expensive 2 years ago it was £6.00 a pint and the pound was much strong to the Euro than it is now
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nothing against Morzine, but if you want full on night life, then in no particular order think about the following resorts.
Isgul, St Anton, Meribel, Chamonix, Verbier, Zermatt

They all also have fantastic skiing/boarding. As far as the cost is concerned, as top resorts they will all be expensive, Jan is a great time for bargains BUT the big expense will be the going out!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have a look at Mayrhofen. The apres is full on, skiing to suit all abilities, and as your looking to party the drink is far cheaper than French resorts.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd second Mayrhofen as a good lively cheap resort, suitable for all abilities.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kit, I'd take a look at Saalbach/Hinterglem. There is plenty of partying there and it has a good mix of slopes. You can get some good deals there too, but I would imagine you might be struggling to get much under £400 unless you book last minute. Beer in Austria is cheaper than beer is France (in fact I think I can remember seeing a pint of Stiegl for E2.50 in Saalbach) which may be worth remembering...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kit, Austria every time! Especially if some of your group are complete novices! Night time enternainment comes at a financial cost in ski resorts! If that is an issue try eastern europe! Andorran resorts will have enough to keep good skiers occupied. Not enough to keep lower intermediates occupied if you know what I mean! Ischgl or St Anton would be my suggestion but start saving! Thank God, Ibiza on snow does not exist!! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kit, Of it's the full "Ibiza on ice" you're looking for then you want Snowbombing in Mayrhofen (www.snowbombing.com/en). If it's a normal skiing holiday but with lots of drinking, but with learner and mixed ability slopes, then I'd suggest Mayrhofen, Val d'Isere or Meribel. Andorra might be OK but the long long transfer times put me off (I've done it once, transfers a complete ball-ache and wipe the sheen off the fun at the end of the week)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kit, There is no doubt that Roy Hockley is right. Austrian Apres is the nearest thing you get to Ibiza on snow.

All of the Austrian suggestions above are great. Having been to a number of Austrian resorts over the years with groups of lads the daddy has to be St Anton. The Mooserwirt has to be seen to be believed and while I accept that cheezy rock and German "pop" is not to everyone's taste it quickly sweeps you up into the experience. Besides - you only need to go there for 1 or two evenings as you'll also want to experience the Krazy Kanguruh and the other on piste bars before hitting the town based venues.

While I agree that Mayrhofen is good too the daily gondola ride to the slopes and back is a bit of a pain especially if you time it badly and hit the ski school ascent. Saalbach is a better place to stay than Hinterglemm even though the latter has the Goatstall on the home run (a bit like a mini Mooserwirt) as there are more bars in the resort itself.

The only place not yet mentioned which you might like to investigate is Solden which has lots of bars in town although it suffers from the main road running through the middle of it.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 2-08-10 14:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Your Budget & Needs say Austria, although St Anton more expensive than other suggestions here.

Morzine is usually recommended as Family resort for Brits.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy