Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds - again..............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought some sidas conformable top of the range off the peg beds and they were quite goo as they supported my pronated low arch feet well and increased the arch to a degree. I thought that a 'proper' set of made to measure would be better so I splashed out. They fit the feet but seem not to provide as much support as the OTS versions and they are MUCH thinner in the forefoot thus causing another problem. I guess its (more) money down the pan.......

How do I know which are best for my dodgy feet?

I know which ones feel best.............................

Damn you Ellis.......................
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Be worth going back and seeing your fitter with them as they maybe able to do something about it, Did you have the footbed stabbed? (the blocky type thing on the bottom of the footbed) and grinded flat? If not the footbed is probily unstable and not really doing its job.

You may actually need something a little more corrective than a sidas also, the superfeet always work well (support around the heal of the foot rather than the arch I'm sure someone will come on with the technical words for it...), check out the blue ones (off the shelf) if you have a low arch, and the best of all they come with a 60 day money back guarantee!

(btw I'm not bias to superfeet as I use sidas my self and works better for me than the superfeet! but diffrent foot types need diffrent things)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a custom footbed should if well made support the foot better than an off the peg insole, but it all depends on how it was made, personally i believe that either semi weight bearing or non weight bearing made products give better support than fully weight bearing made product but a lot comes down to the guy/gal who makes it for you, the most important fdeatures (in my kind) are a good heel cup and a true finish on the base, any product should have as Dan said a degree of posting or block on the back of it, whether this is the full length of the rearfoot/arch or just the heel depends on the product and how it is made

go see whoever made it, get hem to reassess the product and if they can't solve the issues with the current product any fitter with credibility should rebuild a new insert

good luck getting it sorted
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that CEM. I actually now use visalyi? Orthotics in my cycle shoes with very positive results but they are only part beds (the rear) so they are not useable in a ski boot as they would move when I put my feet in.

Damn these feet.

PS They get worse as they get older.................., the feet, that is Confused .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maersk, when you look at new stuff in cycling shoes can the vasyli and look at the superfeet black or even Yellow(formerly grey) product i think hey will give you even better results, they are full length so won'r slide in the shoe but you can cut them 3/4 if needed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks again CEM. Are the super feet a poterntial way forward for my ski boot too?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maersk, all depends on your feet, a well made conformable product should work well but it needs to be well made, needs to have a heel cup and a solid base, the superfeet custom product is harder to get wrong

but whatever product you have it must be the right one for you and well made too
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suspect my customs are not well made.......................... rolling eyes

Bad pronation on the right and very low arches - which colour do you suggest?

and a very shallow foot/low volume

Going back to Ellis is a pain and I will just right it off.......................

Unfortunately Bicester is a long way from the north of North Yorkshirem and my sister has just moved to york. She was in aldermaston so I could have dropped in on the way.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maersk, go to Glide and Slide in Otley, West Yorkshire. They do a lot of footbed work, granted it is Sidas again but they have a variety of different options and footbeds they can put in. Once again as Colin has been saying it comes down to the construction of them and that if they have been well done they should support your foot, if you go to one of the chains and someone is having an off day or YTS kid then the results are going to be varied! Without wanting to slam Ellis, Glide and Slide have done corrective work on other foot beds and if its totally goosed will be able to sort you out a new one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy