Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Can't decide which accommodation to go for, opinions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Sorting out my trip early for a change and piecing together accommodation etc for Morzine. I’ve been to Les Gets before and have done part of Morzine, there’s 5 of us going who’ll just be getting the Morzine/Les Gets lift pass. Got a group of people we know staying in Morzine the same week of January we’re looking at but being away from them isn’t an issue, they’re paying £685. Catered, inc lift pass, flight, transfer.

Group of 5, 1 couple + 3 singles, one of the group needing lessons to perfect linking of turns.

Definately having to work on a budget so £600 is the limit

Was originally going to look at going self catering (did that before to Les Gets) would cost about £430, got a couple of options of going catered though for about an extra £20 per person per night but they are out of town (but do include a sauna and one with sauna + hot tub)

Getting a lack of feedback from the other people going and I really can’t decide which options going to be best, from previous experience has anyone got any advice/comments.....

We aren’t big drinkers so staying out of Morzine isnt an issue, we could always drink after boarding before going back to the chalet or could just get dropped into Morzine on 2 of the 7 nights.

Option 1
Go self catering- cost about £430 - would just need food on top of that

Option 2

Catered chalet 6 minute drive from Morzine – too far to walk to town - comes in at around £590 catered, inc transfer, lift pass, flight.

http://www.chaletsdirect.com/morzine/perrier.htm or www.offpistemadness.com

Nice modern looking chalet, Chalet comes with 4 person Sauna, would be sharing chalet with 6 other people most probably

Free trips into town in the minibus

SUANA, WIFI, PS2, DVD, TV, HEATED BOOTROOM, WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER.
7 NIGHTS CATERED ACCOMMODATION
FREE BEER AND WINE
SKI GUIDING
MINIBUS SERVICE

Option 3
Catered chalet 13 minute drive from Morzine, comes in at £576 catered, inc transfer, lift pass, flight.

Free minibus service to slopes etc
Slightly older looking chalet than option 2 but has a Hot Tub + Sauna. Would be sharing the chalet with 3 girls apparently.

Plenty of room in the chalet, we’d have 3 rooms between the 5 of us. A spare bed not being used in each.

Chalet is based in a very very small French resort so we’d be able to get a couple of hours boarding in there on arrival day.
Free bar 4-11pm
6 nights catered accommodation - on the 7th night they provide the food and you can cook, or go out to eat
Hot tub + sauna
Wii- dvd,

It's a tough one, Option 2 has ski guiding + sauna, I dont really think we'd use the sauna much, where as a hot tub we'd definately all use each day.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowscreen, you may get more people responding if you take up less screen real estate in your OP. FWIW, having to drive to go skiing is a minus for me.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't mind driving if I had my own car, and parking was easy but I'd hate to be stuck with whatever time the minibus felt like picking me up. I wouldn't make any decisions based on hot tubs or sauna. If you have friends in town, and someone being stuck with lesson times, I'd go for a central location and self catering. But then I enjoy self catering and am used to being with people well able and willing to lend a hand. You can still eat out a couple of nights within your budget.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep sorry about the first posts size! minibus wise we'd be sharing one of the chalets with only 3 other people and so we'd be able to request minibus pick ups when needed depending on how each goes!

Struggling to find somewhere within budget and half decent near town at the moment, there is one other which is on one of the free bus routes but its still 15 minutes walk from town centre.

Self catering doesnt interest me as much this time round... mainly due to who i'm going with, I'd have to do everything..... too much stress unless you know people will do their share of things

Will keep on looking for now but am tempted by the hottub, overlooking local slopes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowscreen your posts make the decision for you.
Quote:

Self catering doesnt interest me as much this time round... mainly due to who i'm going with, I'd have to do everything..... too much stress unless you know people will do their share of things

So the self catering option is out regardless of where it is situated.

Quote:

I dont really think we'd use the sauna much, where as a hot tub we'd definately all use each day.

Quote:

but am tempted by the hottub, overlooking local slopes

So you want a hot tub rather than a sauna.

Don't listen to anyone else on here. They have other priorities and things they enjoy. I like proximity to the slope (ski in/out) and saunas and will choose accordingly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Since you're organising it and not getting much input from others in the group... just go with what you want and let them tag along. if they complain when they get there just tell them they had the chance to be more involved in organising at the time.

this is exactly the reason i'll never organise a group ski party again. what we do now is book our own holiday and tell our mates to meet us over there. Seems to work ok Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tiger2 wrote:
Don't listen to anyone else on here.

Great advice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Generally I s/c with family and when with friends (which is usually just long weekend) B&B and eat out. I'm with shoogly on this, do what you want to do. If you're not getting much input from the group at this stage, it doesn't bode well for teamwork of a self catering group and you don't want to end up doing that on your own or ending up organising food etc.

That said, Morzine is a good town to be in with a group with plenty of eateries. I quite like to be able to stretch my legs in the evening and a 15 min walk wouldn't put me off.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are plenty of opportunities to find yourself out on a limb in Morzine, both in terms of eating out/nightlife and in terms of access to the lifts. As we found out a couple of years ago when we ended up in some isolated chalet at the top of a massive hill, nowhere near anything, like the house from Amytville.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowscreen, Stayed with this lot in March http://www.morzinelets.com decent accommodation 10mins walk from The Ridge to SuperMorzine gondola. Might be a workable alternative to catered chalet.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowscreen, What is the chalet called in Option 3? Sound very familiar to the one i stayed in last year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, Hi mate, Option 3 is located looking over the Drouzin Le Mont slopes, hadn't posted the link to that one as it was looking the most likely so didnt want to risk losing it

Have now decided to go with the hot tub option, no1 is really a heavy drinker but we'll still be able to go out in Morzine town for 2 of the evenings which will be fine for us.
Chalet has a bar or 2 a short walk away apparently so we can pop out the other evenings locally or chill in the chalet to make it a cheaper week.

That sound like the one you stayed at? 2 of the guys will need to hire snowboards on arrival so I'm hoping the hire shop there has half decent equipment, that way we can all get on the local slopes on arrival day - I think PeteMilles has stayed there before aswell so I'm about to send him a PM
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smpwscreen, I've just replied to your PM. Please feel free to contact me if you want to know more about the place we stayed at. Top holidays they've been for us - love it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy