Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Desparate help needed Hi i am thinking of buy my first pair of skis !! but its all soooo confusing i am 9 st 5 2 happy red skier dont want to do any tricks just enjoy myself has anyone any ideas of the type of ski i need?? need a pair that will help me improve, i currently ski in a 142cm and feel happy with this length, any suggestions would be great x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought my first pair of skis this last season - a pair of K2 Sweet Luvs and they were absolutely fab. I think I'm a similar level to you but nerves often get the better of me at the tricky sections. The k2s were real confidence boosters - really stable and loved carving. By the end of the hols I was happily tackling difficult reds and some blacks. (Women's and men's downhills in Lake Louise!!) I got them from a firm down south called Snowtrax and they gave me loads of advice via e-mail and their mail order is second to none. I had only read reviews in the mags and really took a leap of faith but wasn't disappointed for a minute. Contact Snowtrax and ask for Andy. (No relation and no commission I assure you!). Good luck. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ellis Brigham let you demo their skis at the snow domes, might be worth while trying a few if you have no idea what type of ski you like. Try a few then you might notice the ones you like have certain things in common like turn radius or size under foot.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
... or you can do the same thing in a ski resort. Usualy they have demo skis, and will refund hire costs if you buy.

I've watched the Ellis Brigham customer ski appraisal process several times (in Manchester) and have always been impressed. Rob Evans is particularly good.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy