Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Yad Moss website!!!

Poster: A snowHead
It looks like Yad Moss finally has a usable website!!! A vast improvement on the old one and much more information on it aswell. 5 months until the first flakes should be falling, get in!!! snowHead snowHead

http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
comic sans fail Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daehwons wrote:
comic sans fail Sad

Pardon??? Confused
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice video too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only a British website would choose a grey, dreary, overcast scene with grass poking through and an old man in a cheap jacket for its headline photo.

There should be blue skies, yellow sun and chicks in bikinis.

S*x it up a bit.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold, Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

5 months until the first flakes should be falling,

The question is now how do I get there from Carlisle?snowHead

(seeing that for the next five weeks or so I'm still based near Camden and therefore don't really do cars and buying one on a student budget is somewhat unlikely)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold wrote:
Only a British website would choose a grey, dreary, overcast scene with grass poking through and an old man in a cheap jacket for its headline photo.

There should be blue skies, yellow sun and chicks in bikinis.

S*x it up a bit.

Which would make it rather like the old one!
http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/oldsite/

Although there is a lack of "chicks in bikinis"
Why they've update their website to look early 90's is mystifying? Either they were too popular last year and want to cull some numbers or they're going for an ironic cutting edge retro.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

Thats because the British seem to like dressing in grey and because England isn't famous for its powder or its alpine skiing. A picture of grass and snow is much more accurate. Pictures showing gales, peat, pack lunches, oil and rain would add further honesty. That way when the sun does shine over a deep snowbase..... you will be pleasently surprised Laughing

Lots happening this summer at YM. Will post an update later this year. snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Come visit Yad Moss, Englands Premier snowslope!
Now featuring composting toilets!
(Caution, not suitable for the inexperienced and bring a shovel)

wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Peter S wrote:

Thats because the British seem to like dressing in grey and because England isn't famous for its powder or its alpine skiing. A picture of grass and snow is much more accurate. Pictures showing gales, peat, pack lunches, oil and rain would add further honesty. That way when the sun does shine over a deep snowbase..... you will be pleasently surprised Laughing

There must be atleast one photo somewhere of a blue sky, a white trail and someone looking cool.

Yad Moss should put its best, not worst, foot forward.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Someone need to have a word in the cameraman's shell like and tell him that endless shots of muppets going very slowly over a small kicker does not make for an exciting video. Also can someone give an indication of the wait time to get on the poma? Judging from the queue in the background it's about 4 days.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Dr John, i was there on one of the busiest days last year and it was similar in length. Takes about 15 minutes from that position.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Any of my pics from page 11 of this thread are a lot better than the current one of the webpage, check them out http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43930&start=400
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder, daehwons was just highlighting the fact that Comic Sans looks a bit... shit.
snow conditions
Could it be that some of the London set are way too cool to ski in the UK Puzzled

I prefer the honest but enthusiastic approach. Save the spin for the commercial resorts. Let the punters do the marketing and post their own pictures and reports.
snow report
Peter S wrote:
Could it be that some of the London set are way too cool to ski in the UK Puzzled

Nothing to do with being too cool. Personally, I'd rather ram a splinter of potassium into my fecking jap's eye than go skiing in England.
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:

Good to see inverted snobbery is alive and well in the provinces. Here, have a chip for your other shoulder, at least then you might have a balanced view.
snow report
PJSki wrote:
Peter S wrote:

Nothing to do with being too cool. Personally, I'd rather ram a splinter of potassium into my fecking jap's eye than go skiing in England.

And you wonder why southerners get the reputation they do, unbelievable. I went skiing at Yad Moss this Jan and it was amongst the best snow i have ever skied in. As long as when you go you are not expecting like something out of The 3 Valleys then you will be fine. However, if you would rather be able to actually go skiing, rather than at you boring and predictable indoor ski centre then Yad moss is fine, have an open mind, dont expect it to be the best days skiing you have ever encountered but just a great day out with friendly northen people ( we actually talk to one another and make conversation, honest) then you will love it! Rant over, enjoy your fake snow and straight indoor ski centre. snowHead
latest report
Blimey
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
PJSki wrote:
Peter S wrote:

And you wonder why southerners get the reputation they do, unbelievable. I went skiing at Yad Moss this Jan and it was amongst the best snow i have ever skied in. As long as when you go you are not expecting like something out of The 3 Valleys then you will be fine. However, if you would rather be able to actually go skiing, rather than at you boring and predictable indoor ski centre then Yad moss is fine, have an open mind, dont expect it to be the best days skiing you have ever encountered but just a great day out with friendly northen people ( we actually talk to one another and make conversation, honest) then you will love it! Rant over, enjoy your fake snow and straight indoor ski centre. snowHead

And of course you make it sound so worthwhile going to.
ski holidays
Thats made you think whilst gobbling down your foie gras and chateauneuf de pape hasnt it. Like i said, rant over but with stupid comments like that it is no wonder why people from "larndan" get the reputation they do, not every one of them but some. Could i not even tempt you to try some of the Lovely Northern Pennine Snow, you will love it honestly. Im about to take my second chill pill now, bare with me snowHead
latest report
Ah, the southerners are just jealous that we can do it outside for real NehNeh
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder,

it's chateauneuf du papes, you northern oyk Laughing
ski holidays
Kel wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder,

it's chateauneuf du papes, you northern oyk Laughing

Well it is if you want more that one!!!
latest report
Peter S wrote:

I've a couple of itches to scratch this year, and YM hopefully will be one. Good luck with the forthcoming season, I think it could turn out to be another decent one, and always interesting to read your reports.

I think sometimes people forget how much easier it is to scoff from the sidelines, than put their own shoulder to the post and make things happen. Especially when it's done for the greater good, not personal profit.

Ok, the sites a bit cheesy, but that's missing the point a bit.
snow conditions
If you compare it to the old one it's a million times better.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
If you compare it to the old one it's a million times better.

I really don't feel this is true in terms of look and feel.
However having not seen the site prior to this thread, it may well be that the old site didn't actually contain useful information. Of course what Yard moss needs more than a good website is a cold winter.

As someone who lives in London I have no intrest in Urethral Sounding and certainly will be considering coming up to Yard Moss. I'd rather ski an outdoor 600m slope (inc Hillend) than any dome, it's just they aren't that easy to get to.

Maybe see you next year snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, seriously mate, your protests would be so much more valid if you didn't sound quite so enthusiastic about maintaining the cultural cliches and encouraging the tired old north/south divide. It's the 21st century mate, wipe the soot from your eyes and behold a brave new world.

And your comments about indoor/outdoor skiing are, quite frankly, as daft as the cloth caps you lot insist on wearing when you consider the thorny issue of summer/winter and the inevitable changes in temperature that they bring. I can provide t'internet links on the subject if required.

And chateauneuf du papes is just so very declasse I had to have a little chuckle. Go for a Gevrey Chambertin my friend, much more refined.
snow report
Nothing to do with a north/south devide. As a mainlander i'm well qualified to say you've all got a crazy island mentality!

Anyway, I'd say Yad Moss is for those of us that enjoy the sport more than the holiday. Looking on most of the 'trip reports', that seems to discount most of the posters on here.

Really all it needs is some entrepenuering soul to take a burger wagon up there on busy days and also a short rope tow so beginners could use the slope without messing up the Poma queue and the place would be absolutely ideal.
ski holidays
Well I think it's a nice website, although I wish they'd filmed some skiers who knew how to bend their knees

Kel: it's 'Oik' you hobbledehoy.

Access just got easier: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/2496290/Snow_Scooter_Snow_Runner.html
ski holidays
sounds like a great idea thirty06, that initial walk is a bloody killer!!!
snow report
Quote:

Personally, I'd rather ram a splinter of potassium into my fecking jap's eye than go skiing in England.

Oh dear. Sounds as though not everyone shares our passion for this great sport. rolling eyes
-
Looking forward to meeting Rick and the friendly SHs in the Pennines, Lake District or else on a Tbar in Scotland somewhere.
latest report
That's the spirit Peter!!!'i'm heading up to the lakes on Saturday actually. Going up great gable i think. Thanks for all your invites regarding helping out to maintain the ski area. Unfortunatly I have been busy at weekends and I'm away from the 5th aug until sept. Looking forward to the new season up there. Me and a few others are going to be the season ski pass when they come out. Speak soon, cheers rick.
snow conditions
snow report
Comic Sans?

Is that like an unhealthy Beano?
ski holidays
thirty06 wrote:

Access just got easier: http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/2496290/Snow_Scooter_Snow_Runner.html

Don't reckon that'd climb the hill to be honest!
ski holidays
Okay then:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Human_cannonball03_-_melbourne_show_2005.jpg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy