Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bargains - ski and snowboard kit

Poster: A snowHead
nixmap wrote:
Goodness, I must be asleep at the wheel heres another great bargain advertising a half price fare to Switzerland.
Not sure if the poster has anything to gain comercially.

Wheres Admin when you need them.

Nix.

Shocked can't believe I've just read all that.....how amusing Laughing

Did the arrangement all work out ok in the end nixmap?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For 2010 it worked out as described, both parties ended up feeling they did well out of it, with a few applications since from the friends friends for the following year..

This year I didnt get a lot of replies from this site, after some inexplicable censorship, followed by some ill judged responses on my part. I got heaps of applicants on other sites, TGR again proved to be the most productive, but SH was by far the most entertaining..

Still there is always 2012.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The censorship was clearly explained on numerous occasions. In fact, had your responses been better considered, your post may have been restored. I am genuinely glad that you got sorted and enjoyed the entertainment. May I suggest that for 2012 you have a quick word with admin *prior* to posting you request...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.snowandrock.com/wednesday-window/content/fcp-content - Smith Fuse goggles 55% off today only

Also I stopped for lunch at the Cheshire Oaks outlet store, the brandfusion shops had a fair few Goretex ProShell Berghaus jackets for about £80 I recall. Also the North Face Outlet had some pretty good discounts on slight seconds ski trousers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nixmap, glad to hear it worked out...seems a reasonable arrangement and I'm sure all parties involved went into the arrangement with their eyes open.

A shame that some snowHeads are potentially less likely to benefit through sensorship IMO. Too many behind the scenes PMing, one suspects, by those that feel they're the moral compass of the forum....rightly or wrongly and often ignoring or failing to get into their sights some of the more "malign" offerings here......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For anyone in Glasgow area, greaves have got some ladies ski gear heavily discounted. Last year's stock but all good stuff like peak, degre 7 etc
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTW if anyone comes across any mens Goretex shell pants at a good price please let me know!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

BTW if anyone comes across any mens Goretex shell pants at a good price please let me know!

If your a size Large -

http://www.sports-outlet.co.uk/epages/es122229.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122229/Products/216704/SubProducts/216704-0003
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marky, yeh thanks, I saw them but a 'bargain' at £220 ain't really a bargain in my view!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

marky, yeh thanks, I saw them but a 'bargain' at £220 ain't really a bargain in my view!!!

Fair point!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lidl have ski wear starting tomorrow. Might be the time to get myself a cheap ski helmet.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
palumbex, the Lidl ones are ok - one of our sprogs wore one for a few years - well made and robust
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gonna raid their sock inventory tomorrow.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, Thanks for the info. I've never even handled a ski helmet so not really sure what to look for. They usually do pretty good sports wear so now my first priority is comfort. I'm off to have a look now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ok so I'm back from Lidl. Bought helmets for all the family (probably will be forced to return the ladies ones but there you go). I don't have a reference point for comparison but they do seem to be very well made and comfortable. The goggles looked really good too considering the price. Didn't buy anything other than the helmets though.
What I did buy is a strange looking fruit called a Pomelo. Exciting eh?
ski holidays
palumbex, a pomelo is a rather large grapefruit, but it's skin should be a little thinner. and it'll prob be more acidic/sharper.
ski holidays
Arcteryx jackets for £50.00 on ebay. Genuine or fake?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/oneoffdeals88/m.html
ski holidays
nbt wrote:
The censorship was clearly explained on numerous occasions. In fact, had your responses been better considered, your post may have been restored. I am genuinely glad that you got sorted and enjoyed the entertainment. May I suggest that for 2012 you have a quick word with admin *prior* to posting you request...

It worked out ok.

What happened to your curtain advert by the way.

Still interested?
latest report
FRIENDS2628 gets you 30% off online with The North Face UK.

You can download the voucher to print out and use in store here.

Edit: possibly the worst website of all time Laughing
snow report
Got myself a 76 EUR train transfer from Munich airport to St Anton, and return (38 EUR pp return) for long weekend in February to go with my cheap Lufthansa flights from Manchester, great to get a good deal for a change, well impressed.........good old efficient Germans eh? Very Happy
snow report
That pomelo was delicious. Not at all sour but not too sweet either. And what's more I am sure its consumption will greatly improve my carving (just trying to stay on topic).
snow report
jzBun, I think FAKE!

I don't even know which jackets they are ripping off. The pocket details remind me of a TNF design but with a Arc label??
latest report
30% off at Matchesfashion.com if anyone is interested

PRI2198
ski holidays
10% off at Tamarack Outdoors (Norrona, Fjallraven, couple of others)

december10
snow report
For anyone looking for a new pair of goggles or shades, the Sunglasses place next to M&S in the McArthur Glen outlet place in Livingston have 30% off all Oakleys and some of Bolle goggles. Also noticed some Sinner goggles as well.
snow report
Sorry, but Ive just taken delivery of "THE" bargains of the season............Marker Duke bindings for £70. Shocked ( Yes,... a pair, inc brakes, all working, used for only 14 days) and an all singing and dancing ex demo ABS with 8 cartridges for.... 50 euros !!....... Happy Xmas courtesy of ebay.de
ski holidays
limegreen1, Feck - whose been unloading demo ABS?
snow report
limegreen1, ggggggrrrrrrrr
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
scotia, you are fast becoming the Chris Brookes of discount codes Wink Laughing
snow report
Arcteryx Veilance Black Insulated Shell Jacket

http://hideoutstore.com/productview.php?p=7207

Medium and Large left. 'Bargain' if it's what you're looking for.
snow report
If you're reading this you are too late.

Emails sent.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 12-01-11 17:11; edited 4 times in total
snow report
scotia, yes please Smile
snow conditions
scotia, yes please, from me too!
snow conditions
NSR but Quidco are giving £150 cashback on Voda iPhones.
snow report
scotia wrote:

"Designed for urban use in cold, wet weather conditions" Useful!
ski holidays
James the Last wrote:
scotia wrote:

"Designed for urban use in cold, wet weather conditions" Useful!

Yeah I hear it doesn't protect against countryside rain.
ski holidays
This years K2 AMP Ricoche for only 399 euros!

http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/product-detail/__/shop/prod/1701

http://k2skis.com/skis/all-mountain/ricoche
snow report
More Arc Teryx Veilance, good size run and great prices.

http://www.couvertureandthegarbstore.com/Shop%2DOnline/Mens/#/arc'_teryx_veilance/all_items
snow report
Sport-Conrad have some fairly healthy offers available at the moment too.
snow report
Some reasonable discounts at outlet.snowandrock.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy