Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ghost town at the Ski Club of Great Britain message board

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ahh well I shall consider myself informed of the matter and stick with browsers, I only switched for a bit of variety, I didn't mean nufink by it guvnor Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonpim, no worries - I happily refer to Mrs H as a lurker!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ahh Ian but you don't say what she refers to you as Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, I have been on the Internet since 1986, and I do not think of "lurker" as derogatory at all. In fact, the description on Winternet isn't derogatory! In fact, from Webopia:

To eavesdrop on a or in. In most areas, lurking is perfectly acceptable behavior and is, in fact, encouraged so that you get the feel of the area before posting your own comments.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, those definitions are not the same as the definition on-line (see my earlier post).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am strongly in favour of lurking - which is why I think we should have as many of the boards as possible open to non-members. Some people will lurk for months or years before posting - and fair play to them!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DavidS, yessir!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Words change meaning. Bad means Good. Wicked means Excellent. Excellent means, er, not sure, but Keanu Reeves told me I had to be it to everyone. So it seems I am out of touch and Lurker is an OK term. Thank you: I accept your opinions. I apologise for being grouchy and pedantic.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Off original thread (sorry) but while into terminology is there a suitable term for someone whose post refers only to one so far back up the thread it is incomprehensible to 99% of the viewers ? They tend also to be of a personal nature and generally break up the flow.
Back-flipper kind of describes it but I am sure our mighty collective brains can come up with something better or funnier. Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There have been quite a few people who have posted on snowHeads who admitted to being "non-posters" on SCGB, but used to read stuff a lot. There must be many more who got lost in the move.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy